“Excellent diving experience - with Instructor Shannon!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent diving experience - with Instructor Shannon!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really really enjoyed my open water diving with Crystal. I had never done any diving before, and not the greatest swimmer.

Everything was very clear. Shannon was very intense to begin with (he is Ex US Military) but by the end the whole group got on very well with him. He has a certain teaching style, but it worked very well with me and the group. He wanted to ensure we were able to be safe without supervision.

The accommodation was basic, but very nice. not problem with cleanliness, and convenient for the early mornings!

A small tip, if you are in koh phangan before hand, you can pick up a discount leaflet from somewhere(somebody else in our group did this, but I did not, so cannot give much more information!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Matt_doherty8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A friend and I completed our open water diving course last week at crystal dive resort. All I can say is we are addicted to diving. We had a brilliant instructor called Agathe, who was a great laugh, patient when needed and provided us with all the skills to be comfortable in the water and thoroughly enjoy the course. If it wasn't for ye fact we had to move on from the island we would definately of done our advanced open water qualification here. The rooms weren't great but what can you expect for the price you pay for the whole package. Overall the diving was amazing and our instructor was great.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Luke S
Jose C. Paz, Argentina
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Firstly and most importantly, I felt that the instructors for our course were impatient and rude, while Neal Sanders was better than Shannon, he was also condescending and impatient not to mention unhelpful at times, Shannon was far worse and became verbally aggressive with us even using disrespectful terms toward us, this was not acceptable.

We're paying customers not children and we don't deserve to be treated like burdens.

Secondly the bungalow was overpriced and dirty not to mention poorly lit and poorly furnished, the beds were hard and the bathroom a mess, I definitely don't recommend crystal,

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank eccentric_wanderer
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Im sorry but Ill have to disagree with the bad review about shannon, agreed he can be full on but his main concern was our saftey. His instuctions are clear and i believe he has a excellent teaching style; i was confident to get into open water after a couple days insruction with shannon.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jess M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The other reviews on here seem to be reviewing the free accommodation over the actual classes. The accommodations are FINE, and FREE(!), and if you expect something exceptional, then upgrade to an AC room or stay somewhere else.

What's important are the classes and instruction, which are amazing! We had Dirk for our first day of instruction, and Sasha for the rest. Great individual attention - we were in a group of three people total. Excellent place to learn to dive, good for meeting people, and the sunsets from the bar are lovely. The water was clear, and we were lucky to see some great stuff on our dives.

Fantastic value, some of the cheapest we found for outstanding, individualized instruction. Thanks Sasha & Dirk! And thank you, Crystal!

I also recommend getting the professional video. Cool shots! Well done, Ash!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank American Bird z
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Recently my girlfriend and I decided to get our PADI open water certification. After researching a few places, we decided on Crystal.

Some of the reviews on here made us a little leary but we went with it anyway.

As far as the complaints go, I can not understand where these people had issues, unless they expected the four seasons for free.

The instructors, Sasha and Dirk, were absolutely amazing. Very patient and fun to be around. I'm hoping to go back again some day.

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I completed my padi open water and advanced courses with crystal dive and had a great time doing so. My dive insteuctor for these two corses was Jen. She was patient, attentive and also worked hard to.make sure that all within the group are comfortable and enjoying their time. The instruction I recieved from Jen I found made me a confident diver which is what got me addicted to diving... Which brings me on to my deep dive spec course. For this course I was instructed by shannon. Shannon seemed confident in our abilities in the group as advanced divers and treated.us as such this made a big difference as his confidence transferred onto us. Both Jenny and Shannon are very experienced divers and.it was an absolute pleasure to learn to dive from them. Crystal dive resort comes highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014