“Great for diving if you not fussy about accomodation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Crystal Dive Resort
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Phuket, Thailand
“Great for diving if you not fussy about accomodation”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The instructors are fantastic, very detailed course and individual attention to weaknesses is paid by the instructors!!! Great fun!!! Lovely setting but accomodation is very basic but wasn't a problem for me because I paid a little extra for the AC which was worth it!!! A little run down but the restaurant has cheap good good and bar is cheap!!! Will recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I signed up to do the Open Water PADI Course followed by the Advanced Open Water PADI Course. My instructors were Gemma and Tanison and were absolutely awesome. The group I was with were a great bunch and the whole course was a holiday in itself. If I could have convinced my work, I would have stayed for a month or 2 just diving with Crystal. My only complaint was the rooms, I upgraded from the free room with the course to the A/C room and it was really run down. However, I feel in love with my room, the cat out the front who became my little friend and the whole resort. I am already trying to get back there. I hope I sold it enough, because if you don't go there you are missing out on an experience.

Room Tip: Definately upgrade if you can
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Birmingham
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend had signed up to do the open water PADI course, our instructors Manu & Morgan were amazing! Very attentive and easy to learn! You could definitely tell how much they enjoyed there jobs! I would definitely go back and request them both again for my advanced course!

The only thing I could fault are the free rooms you get with the course but I suppose as they are so cheap you can't really complain.. I would recommend either upgrading for £30 a night (room has 2 single beds and a double in the upgraded one) with air con, a nice bathroom and a much better kept room than the standard ones

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

They allways say people go for a week and stay for a year or two. That nearly happened to me and its all thanks to the dedicated staff and Crystal. I went to do my Advanced Open water and stayed to do Wreck,Deep,Nitrox and Rescue Courses.

The staff from office to instructing were excellent and couldn't do enough to help. My instructor was Jenny and she was amazing. She could adapt to a teaching method that suited each individual which made each persons learning experience specific.For me i prefer a more relaxed course where i can have a laugh and enjoy myself while still learning and safety was allways stuck to, and thats exactly what i got.

Simon and Dirk also taught me at other points and although both taught differently they were both fantastic and i learnt so much from them.

Remi,Brian,Carston and Tina, although were not my instructors were always see around the office and bar area asking how my time was and helping answer any questions i had.

So yes the accommodation is basic but considering if you do a course its free and your so busy diving and socialising you dont spend much time in there anyway. All you need to do is compare prices from here and other areas in Thailand and the rest of the world to see that it is by far cheaper so small things like the accommodation don't have to be incredible.

Room Tip: Rooms with ac cost a bit more but acom was free when doing courses which works great when travelling...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank PaulStewart95
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We weren't very interested into diving but decided to stay in one of their bungalows. Basic equipped with a fan, a tv (not working), a little porch and a very basic bathroom. A bit overpriced for what you get. Probably alright if you decide to dive with them and get the room for free. All in all just a very average experience.

Room Tip: Have a look at the rooms first and negotiate (esp in low season).
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Really really enjoyed my open water diving with Crystal. I had never done any diving before, and not the greatest swimmer.

Everything was very clear. Shannon was very intense to begin with (he is Ex US Military) but by the end the whole group got on very well with him. He has a certain teaching style, but it worked very well with me and the group. He wanted to ensure we were able to be safe without supervision.

The accommodation was basic, but very nice. not problem with cleanliness, and convenient for the early mornings!

A small tip, if you are in koh phangan before hand, you can pick up a discount leaflet from somewhere(somebody else in our group did this, but I did not, so cannot give much more information!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Matt_doherty8
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

A friend and I completed our open water diving course last week at crystal dive resort. All I can say is we are addicted to diving. We had a brilliant instructor called Agathe, who was a great laugh, patient when needed and provided us with all the skills to be comfortable in the water and thoroughly enjoy the course. If it wasn't for ye fact we had to move on from the island we would definately of done our advanced open water qualification here. The rooms weren't great but what can you expect for the price you pay for the whole package. Overall the diving was amazing and our instructor was great.

• Stayed April 2014