After researching trip advisor I chose to stay here and booked the most expensive rooms in the new block at 2500 baht (£50) a night and I stayed 8 nights. So let's start with the positives:-
1) the resort is slap bang in the middle of sairee beach and location is brilliant.
2) the new rooms by the pool are done to a very high standard and are luxurious.
3) nice pool to lie round with about 16 sunbeds of which half are permanently in the shade
1) the main complaint is that although these rooms are brand new and clearly they have spent a lot of money on them, they spent no money or planning with regard to soundproofing. There is absolutely NO soundproofing. You will here the people in the next rooms full conversation as though they were standing at the bottom of your bed. You will here them go to the loo, here the TV, hear them snore and hear them making love. FUN??? Not when you are trying to get to sleep at 4am. I used earplugs for the full 8 nights and was disturbed every night. In addition the resort has cockerels roaming about it and they start crowing about 6am. There is usually only a window of 2 hours where it is quiet. The windows of the room are also ill fitting and also there is no sound proofing to the occasional drunks wandering home at 3am.
2) these are probably the most expensive accommodation at sairee beach. I would on hindsight book a cheaper bungalow that is at least quieter nod save about 1,000 baht a night. You can also get accommodation although basic for as low as 500 baht in sairee so the luxury is not worth it died to the noise.
Basically a lovely resort but ruined due to the fact you feel as though you are staying in a dorm where you can't see the other people but you hear everything a though they were in the room with you. I'm very surprised this has not been reported before.
Finally I loved Koh Toa it's fantastic and sairee is lovely chilleD vibe but won't stay in these rooms again and won't waste so much money next time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koh Tao Cabana is an intimate resort located on Thailand's most secluded island, It offer a brand new alternative for adventurous travelers seeking unprecedented comfort with traditional Thai charm and hospitality. Indulge your senses in one of the most exclusive locations on Sai Ree Beach, You can get back to nature in the peace and serenity of your own private villa, set amid beautifully tropical gardens where you'll feel like your second home! Life takes on a slower pace here with the promise of an untold adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Koh Tao Cabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Tao Cabana Hotel Koh Tao