My boyfriend and I stayed here 10 nights and loved it. Best resort on Ko Tao! If you are going to Thailand don’t miss out on staying in Ko Tao. It’s a hidden treasure and in a few years it will be so overdeveloped. Come now! The sunsets, casual restaurants on the beach, perfectly clear water, fish swimming everywhere! Some bungalows at the resort have 180 degree views of the ocean.
Outdoor rainshower looking up to the sky!
Most amazing views from your bungalow looking out to the ocean! Wow!
Walked from our bungalow to an amazing snorkel/dive spot
At the end of the beach, away from all the resorts and restaurants
Willing to negotiate the room price.
Free shuttle service to/from ferry.
Hammock on the deck.
Washed our clothes, smelled great!
Free water each day.
Comfortable lounge chairs overlooking ocean. (pool attendant doesn’t lay out your towels for you, does he have anything better to do?)
Provided sarongs in room to wear during stay.
Rooms are adorably decorated, very rustic bungalows but perfect for staying on an island in the middle of ???.
Swim in Shark Bay. Best experience ever. We swam with 4 sharks in less then 30 minutes.
1. Unfortunately, we checked out early due to the bar down the beach that plays music until 2:am every night. You can hear the music pounding in your bungalow. Everyone on the beach suffers from 1 bar that plays loud BOOM BOOM music.
My boyfriend got REALLY bad food poisoning from there restaurant (don’t eat the cashew chicken). He was sick for 2 days!
When we went to check out they wouldn’t take responsibility for there restaurant giving him food poisoning and would not comp the meal.
Breakfast was not good and staff has a terrible attitude.
Not the best beach side drinking service.
They don’t have a pool yet, construction is going on now to build one.
We didn’t understand why the hotels in Thailand push two twins together to make it a king size bed. Beds are firm, but still comfortable.
Water wasn’t super hot coming out of shower but manageable.
No internet access from room 23 and on.
Night guard was standing in front of bungalow at night watching my boyfriend and I having sex.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koh Tao Cabana is an intimate resort located on Thailand's most secluded island, It offer a brand new alternative for adventurous travelers seeking unprecedented comfort with traditional Thai charm and hospitality. Indulge your senses in one of the most exclusive locations on Sai Ree Beach, You can get back to nature in the peace and serenity of your own private villa, set amid beautifully tropical gardens where you'll feel like your second home! Life takes on a slower pace here with the promise of an untold adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koh Tao Cabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Tao Cabana Hotel Koh Tao