Sensi Paradise
US$82
US$297
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$91
US$71
US$66
Great 4.5/5
Montalay Beach Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$36
Very Good 4/5
In Touch Resort & Restaurant(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$26
Very Good 4/5
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$69
Travelocity
1,340 results
All reviewsmosquito netromantic sea viewday bedon stiltstraditional thai stylesairee beachdressing gownsmae haadwooden bungalowshotel beachfamily bungalowlong tailprivate beachnice resortmaster diversair conlight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night for our first night in Koh Tao. We hadn’t pre-booked but I'd read about the resort beforehand. We ventured up to Sensi when we got off the boat, lugging suitcases in the heat was a mistake- the reception is right up a hill so get a taxi even though its near the pier! Check-in was quite busy and the person on reception was unfriendly. First impressions were not good. They seemed put out that we hadn’t pre-booked and could only find us one of their basic rooms at an extortionate rate of about £90! However we decided to go with it as we were hot and tired. Someone did get us a welcome fruit cocktail and cold towel eventually which was a nice touch. Rooms are basically wooden lodges scattered around the very well kept grounds. The rooms are decorated in a Thai bohemian chic style but very rustic and I saw a cockroach and big black worm in the shower whilst I was there. God knows what else was around whilst I was asleep, lighting was very limited at night time- applying make-up was a nightmare! The lodges looking out to sea looked the best but bet they would be pricey.

I can see what they’re trying to do but unfortunately it just wasn’t suitable for me. I know you expect bugs and noise in the jungle but along with the lack of lighting it wasn't suitable for a city dweller like myself.

However the pool was fabulous, I believe it was a fairly new addition to the resort. It was very impressive and you sunbathe on the comfortable loungers and order cocktails, it was never too busy either. I did spot a small beach area with sun loungers too. Breakfast was good.

On the night time we hotfooted it to Sairee beach where we found more suitable accommodation for the rest of our stay in Koh Tao. To summarise- if you're scared of bugs and want a quiet night's sleep then don't stay here. For people who like to get back to nature but also want the facilities and style, then this place would be an ideal choice.

Please note we stayed here in April 2010.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lotty24
Reviewed 3 September 2011

The Resort is absolutely perfect. we had a bungalow just at the pool, which was great, clean and absolutely no bugs, spiders, ants or something. The only thing we had in our room was a little gecko - didn't scare us at all. The staff of the resort is enormous friendly and helpful, the rooms are done every morning while you have breakfast directly at the beach (menue is huge). The bungalow hat aircondition and a mosquito net (if you stay outside your bungalow, make sure you spray a lot :)). We rented a Motorbike for 150 baht (lederhosenland bikes) a day and had 5-10 min to sairee beach (don't rent a bike if you can't drive at all, the roads are HELL).
During the day go to the "freedom resort" beach, because the sensi beach is quite nice, but there are a lot of boats and so there could be a little bit of oil in the water.

We also had a small wifi signal at our bungalow (because we were close to the reception)

We would defenately come back!! we were at sensi paradise for 5 nights from end of august until 1st of september. Enjoy Koh Tao!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We just spent 6 days at Sensi Paradise, a place unlike any other I have ever stayed. It was like living in a little jungle commune by the sea and we loved it.

Before arriving the staff told us we would be changing bungalows halfway through our stay to a bungalow near the back by the road and based on previous comments here we asked if we could stay away from that area of the resort which they were unable to do.

Our first cottage was close to everything and had stunning views of Mae Haad from the balcony, however it was very dark and even with three lights lit in the room we still could not see properly. The room itself was very clean and came equipped with safe, beach mats, towels, sarongs, beach bags and even umbrellas (which we needed on occasion). The bathroom was slightly closer to nature than the room itself but we didn't meet any of the native squirrels who so happily scampered across the roof at night. There were the odd few ants and geckos but you are told to expect that. Sound does travel right across from Sairee Beach and at the weekends you can hear the music from the bars quite easily.

On day 3 we moved to the next bungalow which was much nicer, bigger and brighter than the first. This was actually also the quieter of the two and what little passing traffic there was wasn't a problem. It was also the same distance to the beach as the previous room albeit a bit more of an incline on the way back.

There is a great pool area in the centre of the resort which is three tiered and has two separate bathing areas. While the beach looks lovely the water is quite rocky and not good for snorkelling at all despite being told otherwise.

The restaurant where breakfast is served overlooks the beach but the choice is quite limited and there are extra charges for things like any juice other than orange juice, however the fruits breads and pastries we did have were all fresh. All the staff we dealt with were friendly and helpful.

Sensi Paradise is a great place for a relaxing break and is 5minutes walk from  Mae Haad village and 15minutes from Sairee Beach. Unfortunately the resort is not for the elderly or disabled as there are a lot of steps and steep inclines.

Do stay if you are looking for someplace unusual and full of character. Don't stay if you're not a big fan of nature and all the creatures it has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed here with my family in a bungalow. It was large, with a bedroom for the children, we stayed in a connecting room. Bathroom was large. Tea and cookies was delivered everyday at your terrace. Lots of walking in stairs, but it was worth it. Can absolutely recomend!

Room Tip: ask for a bungalow with sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Sverre S
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We spend five days at Sensi Paradise. It was a very special experience. I loved it, but the rest of the family didnt quite agree. The huts, small romantic paths with romantic lights, and the three connected swimmingpools are great. We stayed in the royal suite down by the sea. The biggest room had aircon and was closed for animals to get in. But the two other rooms was not, letting bugs and mosquitos freely comming in. Also a little family of bats stayd outside on of the connected rooms, making scratching noises during the night. They also liked to fly over our heads when going to toilet during the night. I liked this, mutch more fun than a hotelroom(which is the same all over the world). The rest of the family like a big luxury hotelroom better.
What I didnt like was the amount of mosquitos, but buying a "smoker" to put on the floor helped alot. Sensi is very close to Mae Haad center, so we ended up in the mainstreet every evening(very nice).
I also want to mention that there is a big fee for paying with creditcard, I paid more than 600 baht if I remember right. So if you stay many nights, make sure to pay cash, then the fee is a 150 bath at a ATM.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family