“Chocolat is sweet in Mae Haad, Koh Tao”
Review of Chocolat Koh Tao

Chocolat Koh Tao
Ranked #25 of 213 Restaurants in Koh Tao
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: French, Cafe, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: French restaurant with French chef, serving salads, meats, pastas and different imported cheeses. Great selection of wine & beers
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Strangely enough, there are many French restaurants on the two short main streets of Mae Haad and Chocolat is one of three that I know off. Looking for a change of pace from the surprisingly mediocre Thai food in the little town I took a chance at Chocolat. I said, I took a chance because Mae Haad being off the main beach, Sairee, is rather empty and all the restaurants are equally dormant, making it difficult to judge their popularity by the size of the crowd in it. The restaurant has a nice feel to it with a 1960's style salon sporting an original vintage phonograph and a collection of French music on 33 rpm vinyl records. My companions and I were only the second table in the whole place. I went for the "plat du jour" which is chicken breast on tagliatelle and blue cheese sauce while my dive buddies ordered other pasta dishes. The one Belgian in our party was surprised at the good selection of Belgian beers available. The cook, a genuine Frenchmen, did good; we wiped our dishes clean, had desserts, a few more drinks, chit chat a bit and walked away with our taste bud on full approval.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Had a lovely lunch at Chocolat last week. The decor and layout gives a good atmosphere and the couple running the place were really welcoming. The portions were generous and the food was great. This is a great place to go for something a bit more sophisticated than the average Koh Tao eating place.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Very good place to have a drink and desert ! Loved it !!! The services was excellent too with waitress giving good advice on the island !

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Very nicely decorated restaurant runing by a french couple I found by chance when I arrived in Koh Tao. After 5 weeks in Thailand I was so happy to eat some lovely french food(I'm french). I had the goat cheese salad and my friend the cordon bleu, it was delicious!!! We've been sevaral times and it was perfect each time! 3 things to say, Nice deco, friendly service and tasty food!

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Chocolat is simply amazing ! The atmosphere is very relaxed and inspirational with the chalk wall where you can draw or leave a message.
The food is delicious. the chef is french and makes no compromise on the quality of its ingredients. the presentation is delicate And creative. Chocolat offer a superb selection of dessert which is a rare on the Island, so if you have a craving for sweets it is definitely the place to go ! Now if you prefer a fresh Beer it is also the place for you: they offer a wide selection of Beers including a range of Belgium Beers.
A few extras are convenient too: strong Wi-Fi signal and rental of well maintained safe scooters.
I would strongly recommend this place, for the quality of the food, the exceptional ambiance and the welcoming personality of the two French owners.

1  Thank TheFrogOfLondon