“It was amazing, and I wish I could have spent longer there!!!!!”
Review of Charm Churee Villa

Charm Churee Villa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Charm Churee Villa was amazing. I stayed there with two friends for two nights, but wish I had more time to spend there. The staff were extremely helpful, and upon arrival on the Koh Tao island, there was a hotel shuttle bus to meet us, even though we didnt have a chance to prearrange it! Then, on arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with cold drinks and wet towels which was greatly appreciated on such a warm day. We were accommodated in two rooms, a twin room, and a room king size bed. The rooms were connected via the balconies. The room interior was of a very high standard - modern, clean, and in keeping with the rustic look of the villa.

The villa has a private beach where you can use the sun loungers for free, hire snorkelling gear for free (and the snorkling is great!), and hire a kayak for only 100 baht. There is a day spa/massage down by this private beach too. I'm not sure which part was better - the massage, or location of having a massage on the beach front, listening only to the waves hit the shore. The main restaurant was fantastic, the menu had alot of choices, and the view was unbelievable. The other cafe which is located on the private beach was also quite good.

The location of Charm Churee is great, in that it is located away from the main 'towns'. The 'town' is only a 10 minute walk which takes you back to where the wharves are. However, to get to Saree Beach which is the other main strip requires a taxi fare as it is quite far. Nevertheless, the distance from the town I think was actually a positive, as it ensured a quiet, and peaceful stay.

There is a scuba diving centre located at the resort, and the staff there were all very friendly, and were fluent english speakers. My friends and I had a great time doing an Intro to Scuba course, as neither of us had a qualification.

My only critisims are: No swimming pool (though the private beach does kinda make up for it), no tv's in the room (not sure if its all rooms or just ours, but having said that, I'm actually kinda glad we didn;t have one), and finally, it was a bit far from saree beach which is where all the bars/pubs are (again, it was only a minor detraction - the "remoteness" could also be argued as a positive".

On checkout, we were farewelled by all the hotel staff. I think even the manager came out to say thankyou and good bye! All in all, I'd definately go back there, and I'd stay for longer.

Room Tip: The villa is built on a hill, so some of the rooms down near the private beach require a short walk...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank S R

Reviewed 14 January 2012

We stayed with our three children (ages 0-12) from 19DEC-4JAN. The location is gorgeous, the rooms delightful, and the food delicious. In one of our rooms, we fell asleep each night listening to the waves, and were able to snorkel in beautiful water just off our balcony. In the other room we felt like we were in a Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. Most of all THE STAFF, who are all incredibly kind and thoughtful, made our family vacation wonderful. Thank you all so much for making our vacation so wonderful, and taking such loving care of our baby while we were diving. We miss you and will be back! Sincerely, Matthew, Kristina, Vanessa, Thomas and Tyler.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank matthew r
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My partner and I stayed here for a week, and it was the best place in Thailand we have ever stayed! The resort has a private beach, with no boats in it, which is the most beautiful beach on the island; small but pituresque. It has free sunloungers and excellent snorkelling. We saw an octopus in the shallows! The rooms are built from natural materials, but very modern and clean. Every single member of staff, from the receptionist to the dive instructer, were friendly and attentive. We never had to ask for anything twice, and they all had big smiles. Our room had a sea view and the breakfast was good.. typical buffet but an amazing view of the ocean from an open-air dining room. The resort had excellent facilities; snorkeling, kayaks, spa, restaurant, nice toilets and hot water showers on the beach. We went diving at Three Rocks, and it was spectacular. The equipment was brand new, and me and my boyfriend had a dive instructer all to ourselves. We also enjoyed dining in the rooftop restaurant; it was delicious and the setting very romantic. The only bad thing I would say is that we could only stay a week!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whale_shark_23
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This is our second time for visit Charm Churee Villa. Me and my wife were here a couple years ago we had very great time and so impressed with all thing here ( atmosphere , service and food also the room so clean and beautiful). The most important for us when we are travel is we looking for the place to feel like stay luxury home here its so suitable we can have a very nice view from the room and enjoy private beach thats was so amazing.So we made the decision for came back again.One thing make us surprise is they always keep standard of everything we re really thanks for that.
We promise you guys that we will keep come back to see you again. We re so appreciate for everything. Good luck.Aey&Golf

Room Tip: Any room at Bamboo Huts side its great and excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank golfsushi
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The recent fire to the restaurant did not deter the staff from giving 100 % effort when it comes to service! Bas Thansaitong, you managed to make us feel at home from the very first day!! Thank you for making our honeymoon so special and for giving us the personal touch! We will definTely be back! Ps, say hi to Leader and the "mojito" team behind the counter at the Elvis bar.
The dive team were very professional AND entertaining. Thanks for some good dives. Room 34 we wil miss u too. Let's hope all the visitors to Jansom bay pROTECT THE CORAL, and it's inhabitants for future generations.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Kevinix
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at Charm Churee on recommendation from a friend. It was better than we expected. Yes, you have to be willing to walk up and down very steep pathways, and there are plenty of steps (isn't that pretty typical of Thailand?), but it's worth every twinge in the calf muscles.
Our home among the trees was a gorgeous villa - three "rooms" and a balcony overlooking the stunning Jansom Bay. The sunroom led into a beautiful bedroom with a four poster bed, through into the outdoor (but private) bathrooms. There are even views from the shower.
The beach was small and very pretty. Admittedly the fish like a nibble on your ankles and the sand was more a series of sharp little shells, but the snorkling is wonderful and the water warm and inviting.
The restaurant is a sight of it's own - a deck that pushes out over the bay, with gorgeous low-lying tables. The food was a little pricier than we'd come to expect from Thailand (500bht for a seafood or fish meal) but still nothing in comparison to what you'd pay at home. Looking over the deck you can see right to the bottom of the crystal clear water.
[I wouldn't advise that you eat at the Elvis bar. I was unwell after eating there, as was my friend who recommended.]
We really did love Charm Churee and found the staff welcoming and warm. I'd recommend this for couples or solo travelers.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for a villa. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank instead_travel
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Having read the review of Susan who seems to have stayed at the same time we did I wonder we have reallly been in the same resort. After a warm welcome by the staff we discovered our bungalow and were amazed! A tasteful interior, huge sleeping room with a comfortable double bed, an extra living room and 2! balconies with deckchairs- We where overwhelmed! Of course we saw animals (mostly geckos) but what do you expect in a jungle?
Well you had to walk over steps to the lovely beach and to the restaurant but that was no real problem (besides I am disabled and can only walk with a stick).
Breakfast was excellent with its own cook preparing eggs and omelett. They had croissants, pancakes and other cakes, lots of fruits, muesli, yoghurt, warm dishes like curry and noodles etc. etc. There was nothing we have missed!
The beach was fabolous and you really felt like swimming in an aquarium!
A place we surely will visit again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple