“Beautiful Location; Difficult Walk”
Review of Charm Churee Villa

Charm Churee Villa
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed at the Charm Churee Villa on a group vacation/tour. I would first like to point out the pros, and there are many! The location is stunning. It's ocean front, on it's own beach with stunning view of the mountains and sea. They have their own dive school on site. The restaurants are delicious and the service is fantastic from the waiting staff, cleaning staff, and all others. The rooms are beautiful, very clean and spacious and we were in the bare minimum priced rooms.

The biggest con was the walking up and down hill to get to the beach/reception/restaurants. They weren't easy walks. You had a path but it was extremely steep. It deterred me several times from going out because I knew what I had to do to get there. You wont run back to your room if you forgot something, trust me. I think a well organized shuttle system would benefit this hotel immensely. There was also lack of wifi in the rooms, which didn't bother me, as they had it in the reception area and restaurants, but once again you had to hike there. If you are in good physical shape and don't mind walks in the heat then I absolutely recommend this place! We certainly earned our meals. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone elderly or with small children. Or business people requiring service often. But I personally loved it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Candace T

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This resort I loved.
It was absolutely beautiful, the view is breath taking.
There is a lot of walking around and it is probably not ideal for disabled and wheelchair users.
The private beach is lovely.
Bathrooms very good.
Mini bar is well equipped.
Balconies are slightly 80s retro but nice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank erlusby1
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Quiet place with a private beach. Very good for snorkeling. Only a few minutes walk to town. To Sairee beach by taxi. Rooms available in different comfort levels. Open showers and bath room gives exotic feeling

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sasuska
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is my first time for Ko Tao and Charm Chulee villa make me incredibly impressive and chilling. Everything is so great food,service,natural and the view so amazing. I love Jansom Bay it so beautiful and quite like it's my personal bay.I wish I could go back again next time.

ประทับใจมากทุกๆอย่างของที่นี่ วิวสวยมากบรรยากาศดีมากสงบคนไม่พลุกพล่าน พนักงานบริการดีมากยิ้มแย้มแจ่มใส มีใจรักบริการดีเยี่ยมทุกคน มีโอกาสจะกลับไปใช้บริการอีกแน่นอนค่ะ

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SassyCake15
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I chose Charm Churee Villa to vacation with my friends. It proved to be an excellent choice. So relaxing and very comfortable stay. Staff were attentive and friendly (Very Good in English)
Private bay was calm and quite. We can snorkeling at Jansom Bay. The food and service in the restaurants was a high standard. Enjoyed so much we hope to visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Namtan77
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Absolutely beautiful stunning view of the ocean from our deck! I could hear the waves at night and that was amazing! The room and bed were very comfortable, had the best sleep. The bathroom (which was inside the room) was spacious and clean as was everything else in the room! I totally enjoyed all the walking paths to and from the beach, restaurants etc. Great for keeping in shape, but not recommended for people with mobility issues.
The staff were excellent, someone walked away with my sandals, and the staff found them for me the next day. LOL.
The breakfast buffet was great with an awesome view of the ocean right in front of you! The fresh fruit was delicious as usual!
The snorkelling was good!
I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: Sunset and ocean side room is a must!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bibi-Barb
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights in Sunset Bamboo Huts. Best part of the Island for swimming, sunset views and natural beauty. Great dive operators - would stay again. Short 10min stroll into town and 45 min walk to end of Sairee Beach

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends