“Most awesome accommodation!”
Review of Charm Churee Villa

Charm Churee Villa
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 19 July 2014

As a family of five, we stayed here in July for six nights. Children, teens and adults all agree that it was the best place EVER! Amazing rooms set in amongst the rocks and trees, with access via winding paths and stairs. Beautiful beds, bathrooms and balconies! Our hut was right on the water, sensational! Breakfasts were great, as were the dinners in the spectacular restaurant. Service was friendly and personal. Snorkeling was brilliant, fish everywhere. If you are looking for somewhere that is a bit different, this is quirky but luxurious!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Juz70
JaredCCV, General Manager at Charm Churee Villa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Juz70,

Warmest Greetings from Charm Churee Villa,

Thank you so much for giving us your valuable time to share your experience here in Tripadvisor, We are glad to know that you and your family enjoyed our rooms and facilities. It is our pleasure to provide you our personalized service.

We are hoping to welcome you back again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Charm Churee Villa

Reviewed 10 July 2014

not very helpful staff as expected in a 4-star villa.
Beautiful view with a private beach (Jansom Bay) can have snorkeling
Had a dinner at Starlight Restaurant with good atmosphere!
Got a buffet breakfast in front of the Bay, the quality of food is fair
Worth a stay.

Be prepared if you are exposed to the mosquitoes.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Agnes Y

Dear Agnes Y,

Warmest Greetings from Charm Churee Villa.

We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our location, facilities and outlets. Thank you so much for taking time to share your constructive feedback, following your recent stay at Charm Churee Villa

Please accept our apologies for possible inconvenience caused. Our team including myself has gone through your feedback and we have taken necessary action to improve all the basics.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Koh-Tao, and should you need any assistance please feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is my first trip to Koh Tao, and I heard about the diving here. The diving center staffs were very helpful (chaotic sometimes, like everywhere else).

The boat diving were good, despite the rough weather in the past few days. I do not recommend beach diving during a stormy weather at Jansom Bay - it was quite an experience for me.

Overall, I enjoyed the stay and diving here. Will come back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 8 July 2014

After reading some of the comments, I was really surprised to hear about the issues. The bungalows looked so plush! Anyway, my review is not exactly about the hotel rock bungalows, which are quite expensive for Thailand. My friends and I were looking for something more reasonable and yet nice & clean. Well, as I walked in to inquire, I did find out that they have some rustic beach bungalows! I went down to see. Walking down was ok; coming back was a real exercise. Anyway, these bungalows are in the Thai style but quite ok. There is no hot water, but they provide 2 bottles of drinking water per day, there is a mosquito net for the bed. The fan is small, but since the bungalows are by the seaside, there is always a nice breeze coming in, provided you leave a window opened, which I did. They also provide you with a flashlight complete with 2 batteries. It costs 900B/day for one bungalow without breakfast. But you benefit all the resort facilities that include a free RT transfer to the jetty, a mask & a tuba for snorkeling.
Now the location of this resort at Jan Som Bay is stunning. In the evening, you can go to the bar on the rocks to watch the sunset. The little sandy beach is wonderful but mostly for snorkeling. The water is crystal-clear, there are a few corals, but mostly it is a real tropical aquarium. I even saw two small coral sharks there. There is a tiny forest path leading to the next beach over the rocks. It takes about 20 minutes to get there, but then you get to a dream beach with white sand and coconut trees. It is easy to walk to town from the resort. The trail is shady and pleasant and it only takes between 10 to 15mns to get there. In Mae Haad Village there are cafés for breakfast and many cheap restaurants. By the way, just before reaching the village, there is a nice sandy beach, good for swimming. So my report may be a little different due to what we were looking for. But I must say, we were all very pleased by this experience, knowing the price we paid for this!

Room Tip: - the only problems remain the stairs and the amount of walking you need to provide.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here last year, and couldn't wait to get back again this year. This resort is absolutely heavenly. Situated against a hill among beautiful natural vegetation with the most stunning views. The rooms are rustic, charming and very comfortable with everything you might need, including a beautiful deck.
The delicious, generous breakfasts are served in the most beautiful restaurant with breathtaking views, and dinner takes place in an equally spectacular restaurant jutting out over the ocean, serving fabulous Thai and Western food. There is also a great restaurant on the beach (Jansom Bay) where they make the best cocktails.
In addition to the wonderful restaurants there is a diving center and spa. Its such a bonus having a PADI certified dive centre on your doorstep.
Excellent free wi-fi was available in our room and elsewhere on the resort.
The private beach is the best! Masks and snorkels are available to borrow for free and you can snorkel right off the beach. This is a great place to stay if you want a secluded, authetic Thai vacation.
The village is approximately 15 minutes away along a gorgeous scenic walk.
The Manager, Baz is ever attentive and helpful and will ensure that you have the perfect holiday.
I cannot recommend Charm Churee enough. Just go - you'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy D

Dear Judy D,

Warmest Greetings from Charm Churee Villa,

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services in the areas you listed.

It is most rewarding for us and our Team Member to get such a nice feed back and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

We look forward seeing you soon and hope you will enjoy your stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a week here before we arrived on first impressions it's seems lovely and the views were spectacular, we were on our honeymoon backpacking Thailand and are not to fussy on where we stay and that's why I'm trying to write this review as fairly as possible. Walking to the room was a work out in itself there are lots of very steep hills and steps, obviously not their fault but not suitable for all people. Once we arrived at the room it was nice enough, however after a spending a bit of time there it became less attractive, the windows in the bedroom looked over the foot path and the curtains didn't shut, the safe didn't work and the room was full of bugs, not surprising as it's very shabby with lots of holes in the wood work. To get to the bathroom you need to go outside then up some steps meaning there are lots of bugs everywhere, some people would love this extreme rustic build but I'm afraid for the price we payed we were expecting much better. The furniture was old, dated and very warn and the room was very small and uncomfortable. When we returned from dinner there were two huntsmen spiders in our room one literally the size of my husbands hand, we are both ok with bugs however the thought of spending a week in a place that was a ten minute taxi ride away from the centre, that was not very nice, full of bugs. We wanted to enjoy our time on Koh Tao so after paying for a whole week we only stayed one night and and check out early, we didn't make a fuss and didn't want a refund we just wanted to leave. What I found odd is that the reception staff wouldn't let us leave without taking a photo of us. Personally I won't be retiring but I can see why some people may love it there.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We all love Phuket - Thailand with a difference and just as amazing is to cruise the Koh islands in the Gulf of Thailand. Koh Tao only accessible by Ferry from Ko Samui. Service at this Hotel was exceptional. Private Beach is small but sufficient with a beach Bar and Spa. We spent 4 nights on this island and enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely recommend visiting these islands. I would suggest when landing at koh Samui to first check in there and moving of to the other islands from here with the ferries. Its not ideal arriving in Koh Samui after a 10 hour flight and then having to wait 5 hours for the ferry. Mosquitoes on Koh Tao are hungry, so make use of your mosquito nets in the evening and spray yourself before going to bed

Room Tip: The hotel is on a steep slope and walking up to reception is quite a mission, but you get used to it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple