Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 12/12/21
StayForLong
Travelocity
1,033 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2019 via mobile

We had booked a Sunset Cottage for three nights which cost us £403 so definitely was not cheap. We were in room 35A which overlooked Jansom Bay so the view was incredible. There was a gate on the main path and behind it were our two buildings- one containing the bed and a wardrobe area and the other containing the sink, toilet and shower. We had previously read reviews mentioning bugs so we didn’t fully unpack and tried to keep our bags shut and clothes kept so that bugs can’t get to them.

On the morning of our last full day I saw loads of tiny bugs running around one of the units in the room over all our stuff. My boyfriend had hung up shorts to wear and when he picked them up, hundreds of those bugs fell from them so we couldn’t wait to get out the room. We were going scuba diving with Crystal Dive (not the hotels one) so didn’t have time to tell reception as trying to find clothes without bugs made us run late. We went into town before we went back to buy bug spray for the room, bin bags and gloves. Once we got back, we told Reception and their reply was basically what do you expect us to do about it. The shorts containing bugs that morning were hung out side in the wind to try get rid of the bugs - but hundreds of other bugs had climbed on from the sun beds and the sun beds were crawling with them. We could hardly sleep that night and had to get up at 5:30am to shake out and clean every item of clothing we had which took us about two hours. We ended up doing this in the shower as couldn’t do it in the room or on the balcony. Holidays are meant to be relaxing and this was so stressful. I understand there’s going to be some bugs, but not this amount in the room. For example we left an empty can of juice on a counter for a short period of time and the picture is attached.

The building the toilet was in didn’t have a sealed roof so had to lift the toilet seat before every pee to check nothing was under it.

The hotel lunch restaurant wasn’t great so ate out for most of our meals. The hotel is on very steep hills - getting to reception was a challenge in the heat.

Came for the view and good accommodation but couldn’t pay me to return.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank Companion719968
Reviewed 22 June 2019

We visited Charm Churee as a large group of travellers from around the world. At first, we were welcomed warmly(ish) but generally over our short stay there the attitude of the staff was poor. They are clearly used to seeing group after group but we were very respectful and at times they were pretty rude and unhelpful.

Postive aspects were: the lovely dinner overlooking the sea, the beach (although this is a long walk down if you want a quick dip) and the breakfast.

Negative aspects: attitude of the staff, the lay out of the rooms (one double with a mosquito net and a single attached to the double that you couldn't really call a bed, not a good layout for two people sharing), the cleanliness of the pool and the location of the hotel.

Overall, it was an average stay but wouldn't recommend necessarily.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Happy_Seal_Pal
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, and if planned for a romantic retreat then is absolutely ideal. The bamboo huts are romantic and cosy and all have stunning views.
However.... you must be physically fit and able bodied to stay here, particularly during the hot season. It is a slog to get to the restaurant and even more so for the reception.
If you are planning to spend sometime in the nearby town then this is too far removed I would say. It really does depend what you are planning when you are here.
The aircon was rubbish, the door latches in the room falling apart, and the safe not working as it should. As well as the urinal completely unusable as it just leaks straight over the floor!
Do not ask reception to recommend scooter rental as they put us in touch with a very unlikable character from ‘Koh Tao Booking Centre’...(we did not hire and told the hotel of our misgivings. To be fair the hotel then helped sorting out and full deposit back was given).

Romantic weekend yes. Any more of a holiday... not for me.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

We stayed in eco rooms; me and my hubby in one room and my two sisters in room next to us. First we made a booking for 4 nights but asked extension 2 times because we really loved this place! Me and my sisters stayed total 7 nights and my hubby wanted to stay 3 more nights when we left to Bangkok.

❤️ private little beach
❤️ amazing snorkeling
❤️ comfortable bed and really nice rooms
❤️ air conditioner in room!
❤️ staff
❤️ surrounding
❤️ location
❤️ atmosphere
❤️ big and nice pool

10/10! I promise we will definitely come back some day. This please is heaven on earth!

⛔️ we did not like the food in restaurant that much, BUT! It is okay because you can walk 5-10minutes to many restaurants nearby.
⛔️ squirrels were making a lot of noise on the roof. But we had earplugs so totally fine.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

Better avoid this place at all cost.

I stayed in Charm Churee in April 2018 and returned in March 2019 to see if they have done any improvements. This time I just went it to see the place on my way to Jansom Bay.

The place is even worse than last year. Nothing has been done to the dilapidated buildings and pathways. Many more huts had now plastic cover on top of roofs to prevent leaking. The rotten decking had not been mended and the ‘kids pool’ was as slimy and green as last year.

The staff is as surly as before. Even the lizards that I came across in the premises were more welcoming.

I still cannot understand how this place can be on 19th place on TA. In Touch Resort where I am staying this time is on place 17 but it is like five star resort compared to Charm Churee. In Touch is also cheaper and at better location.

Do not stay in this place!

Date of stay: March 2019