Lipanaa Villa
The Dearly Koh Tao Hostel(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$50
la Cigale(Koh Tao)
US$124
US$75
US$103
US$93
Summer Guesthouse and Hostel(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$71
TripAdvisor
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$39
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$46
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had a chance to stay at this fantastic place due to a last minute booking falling through with another resort, so they offered us this due to managing it for the owners. Apparently the villa had just been completely renovated and we were the first to experience the new features and space.

First of all it enjoys an excellent located very close to the best restaurants and night life in Sairee Village area and it's just about 2 minutes walk to the nearest shop where you can stock up on cigarettes, drinks and snacks. There is even a laundry place nearby.

The villa itself sits in a beautiful garden with a private pool and stunning outdoor areas to lounge in. We had several romantic dinners under the straw roof of the outdoor hut and under the stars.

We were just a couple, so we made do with the master bedroom which was large and comfortable and opened up to the pool. It had a lovely bathroom with stunning tiles and mosaic and left nothing for want.

In all honesty we did not make use of the kitchen, but if we had stayed longer we might have.

All in all this was just a near perfect stay - the only con - that we could only stay 4 nights.

ps. the management provides daily maid service and come by and check on you from time to time.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We booked this villa for a special occasion for a week stay. We had read the other reviews on here and seen the pictures on the Villa Lipanaa's website. It looked Idillyc and so we deicded to book this over our usual hotel the Seashell.

This was the biggest mistake of our holiday. Firstly, the Villa is well and truly out of the way and we quickly realised that to get to the centre of ko toa, safely and easily we would need to hire a quad or scooter for the duration. It is advertised as being a short walk which I can assure you it isn't.

We were greeted by the cleaner who showed us around the villa. First impressions werent what we had hoped. The Villa was tired and was in need of some TLC as it was very outdated the bathroom especially didnt feel clean.

Fist impressions aside we decided to make the best of our week. Within a few hours of unpacking I heard a noise as if something was running accross the roof. I lookoed up to see and enourmous lizard the size of a small cat!

Over the course of the next day or so this lizard re-appeared, the last time by the side of our bed. At this point we rang the owner who wasnt particularly surprised or helpful. She called the cleaner who promptly turned up armed with some fly spray and a stick! Needless to say he didnt catch it and promised to return in the evening to have another go!

We decided we had seen enough (after a rather large spider appeared in the bathroom). We called the owner to say we werent prepared to stay somewhere which was clearly infested with lizards and spiders. We asked for our money back for the time which we werent going to be spending their (4 of the 6 nights). She declined to offer any refund and didnt want to talk to us any more.

We had to check out and then get our bags (by quad) back to the centre where we found alternative accomodation (back at the seashell) resort for our remaining stay.

DO NOT stay here unless you like being in the middle of no-where and like large unsects the size of small animals. We are still trying to recover our money from the owners who just ignore our communications to them.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aliceandchrisUk
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Just a quick one: This villa was just a perfect choice for us. After having been to fm party on Phangan we wanted to splash out a bit and being 4 boys in need of fun this place was great to stay in. Close to Asia Divers where we did some scuba diving also.

Next time we come down from BKK for a week of diving and fun, this villa will be our choice 4sure.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Once a year I travel to Thailand. Often I stay at Koh Tao to take it easy and relax.
I have found a special villa called Lipanaa, where I can stay with my family all alone. The villa is surrounded at a green garden with a lot of flowers. Inside the house there are 2 bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and a livingroom. In everyroom there is tv and dvd's. From the masterbedroom you walk right out on a wooden terrace with furnitures and a small swimmingpool. Its really good.
If you want to go to the small main streat leading you to the beach, it will take yuo about 5 - 6 minutes walk.
In this area you find shopping, restaurants and massage.
If you walk for 5 minutes more you will be on the best beach at Koh Tao called " Sairee Beach ", white sand, palmtrees and crystal blue water.
I have travelled for many years and I have learned to get fund of villas, whwere you can be yourself as a family.
Lipannaa is really like a hidden gem in Koh Tao.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2009

I have travelled extensively in Thailand and love the islands, especially Koh Phangan, Samui and Koh Tao. I am pretty familiar with what is available and I was very surprised to see that this villa is rated as just number 6 on the lists her on Tripadvisor. This place is a hidden gem and I am almost embarrased to not having paid more than I did for my 4 night stay. Unfortunately someone else had booked the villa or I would certainly have stayed longer (luckily I could move to Anankhira afterwards - which was also great!).

If anyone need any info feel free to contact me and I will be happy to provide you with me experience details.

Cheers Dan