“A personal approach and high quality teachers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Sunshine Divers Resort
Ranked #19 of 136 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
“A personal approach and high quality teachers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Back in 2009 I did my Advanced Open Water course with Sunshine. Thanks David for teaching me the basics. From this experience I did my EFR and Rescue this year. This was really a great course. It was hard work, but it made me so much more aware of what is going on in the water and also outside the water.
This made me so enthusiastic that I decided to do my Dive Master Traineeship with Sunshine. I couldn't have made a better choice. Every single instructor really takes the effort to make you a solid Dive Master. I can say that I am happy and proud I chose for Sunshine Divers. I will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I did my Open water and Advanced by Sunshine Divers. I had a amazing time! Everbody feels like one family. You should go to Sunshines for sure!
It's also very cheap and you get good quality. You can chose almost every language, but I did they English course and I'm dutch. But even that wasn't that hard to do.

Room Tip: Sunshine divers school is in a beautiful small bay
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

We did our Open Water course in this place and was a great experience.
Good people and a beautifull place is the perfect combination.
Thanks to David our instructor from spain and Mycol from USA.
Big greetings from Argentina

Luciano

Room Tip: All rooms looked good
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Vevey, Vaud, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Super nice team, glad to have done my OWC there. You are maximum 4 with an instructor, which is not the case in every dive shop.
Because it was low season, the bungalow was included, so 9000 baths for OWC and 4 nights in bungalows with fan and private bathroom, really nice deal. In addition, it is not situated on the main beach so it is nicer and quiter.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have done both My open water and My advance open water here, and the instructors are truly awesome. They make sure that you understand what you learn, and really make you feel safe. At the same time, the Resort it self is really nicely located and have everything you might need close by:)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brittss
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Nathalie the course director at Sunshine did a really good work with her team instructing, teaching and taking the divemaster process through til the end. She is an excellent teacher, very dedicated, and she has a very sweet personality, treating all the DMTs equal in a very kind way, which is also very good, and she also did a great work with the arrangements for DMT as well, I highly recommend her and the sunshine team as a very dedicated and well teaching instructors! Also alot of fun and cool stuff going on! Great thanks to you all!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Nothing beats diving. Except diving with the best people you could wish for, in the most relaxed place you can imagine, having more fun than you thought possible.

From the moment I met my instructor Sean until the end of my final Open Water dive (which was, incidentally, 50 minutes spent with a whale shark) I was just having the time of my life. I had better than one-to-one tuition - because there was an assistant, Petra, there, and I was the only student. This is pretty standard practice.

I continued on to do my advanced, emergency first response, and rescue courses, and then decided to train to be a Divemaster. Its difficult to sum up why I decided to stay for so much longer than I planned, but I just had a good feeling about the whole place. The instructors are all completely professional, and make you feel totally relaxed and safe, yet at the same time you will just always be laughing. The atmosphere around the dive shop is always relaxed and fun - I was made to feel welcome straight away. You will always be in a small class. They take the theory seriously. You can get an instructor in your own language. There is a monkey. Its the best value diving you will find anywhere.

I don't want to over-write this - it would be like a spoiler, because you should simply go here and experience it for yourself. There's nothing on tripadvisor I would recommend more. The hardest thing about it is deciding to go. The only bad thing is leaving. What's your excuse for not being there?

Room Tip: A1 and A2 are next to the beach.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo