“Up close and personal!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Sunshine Divers Resort
Ranked #20 of 140 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
“Up close and personal!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

When I went to Koh Tao on the Ferry I had no idea where to take my diving course. Until I met a great dive instructor, Emma, she was very helpfull and told me about her divingschool and other among the island. I decided to give it a shot and go the "Sunshine", and boy I did not regret it a single moment! Located at the very beautiful southern bay of Chalok Baan Kao.

One of the things that make this school unique is the fact that it's very up close and personal. Big possibility that you can get the diving course in your own language and the groups are never bigger than 4 persons. Which means the instructors can give you all the attention you need. My instructor was Michael, a very skilled and professional instructor. Although I'm Dutch and English isn't my first language he made me understand everything perfectly.

I actually felt they really want us to understand the theory and make sure we, or I for that matter, was safe and well instructed in the water. I spoke to a fellow Dutchman in the resort next to Sunshine's and he told me he had a group of 20 people and when they took the exam people would say the answers out loud and nobody, even the instructors, took it seriously. Sunshine is totally the opposite!

At Sunshine's it's not about the money, but about the experience delivered and to arouse interest, hopefully to become a member a frequent diver and member of the PADI family!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I went to Sunshine divers with a friend because we wanted to do the open water course. We were suposed to stay there 4 days but we ended up staying 15 days and doing also the advanced course. They gave us a personal treatment always being very friendly. We had a good time with all the instructors and we laughed a lot.
We had no previous experience in diving an we learned and discovered lots of different fish in differents spots.
We are both from spain so we were worried about the exam being in english. They gave us the option to take them in spanish and it was easier for us.

• Stayed August 2013
launceston
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our family of four ( kids 14 & 17) had a fantastic 8 days at Sunshine. Original intentions were to complete the Open Water PADI course and then spend a few days snorkelling but we all enjoyed ourselves so much that we went on to complete the Advanced Open water as well. Natalie and her friendly professional team exude boundless enthusiasm and enjoyment for diving and making it a positive experience for their clients. I feel we were very fortunate to have had Natalie and Chris facilitate both courses and often we would be accompanied by a couple of other Dive Masters as well. So safety standards were excellent. They also provide all the local info on best places to eat, shop and bike rental etc .
I believe this was a great place to learn to dive as the water currents were mild, dive sites plentiful , the staff very friendly and the equipment was of a good standard. Our kids thought it was the best family holiday we had been on!!!!

Room Tip: In the area we stayed in the rooms were basic but clean. Did have AC.
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manchester
Reviewed 31 July 2013

From open water to divemaster, Sunshine taught me everything I know and will continue to do so. Considering I never interned to dive when I first arrived, this is some achievement! You will never stress out over exams or homework as it is managed in very straightforward way and you will feel a great sense of accomplishment as you progress during your course. Or just do some fun dives and jump off the top of the boat!
Every single instructor there is fantastic and always approachable. Given the way Sunshine is laid out, it genuinely feels like a big open house rather than a shop who just want your business and then leave.
You can study on the beach, on the shop front, inside or at the resort/restaurant next door where you will meet the most interesting manager on the island! Free rooms when you are on course too.
No reason to search for any other dive shop on the island. Sunshine has it all! Quiet beach which you can walk out into the ocean or relax on its mini islands when the tide is out, grab some drinks, get a pizza from a wood fire oven. You may never leave!

Room Tip: Sunshine 2 has some of the cheapest rooms on the island and a nice variety. Do not expect a hotel ty...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Lovely rooms, lovely people and right on the beach! We were lucky to stumble upon Sunshine divers and I would recommend it to anyone. They made us feel very welcome and comfortable and opened our eyes to the beautiful big blue sea!

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My sister and i just finished our Open water diving course with Sunshine Divers. It was an amazing experience. Sunshine Divers were so helpful and our instructor Tom was great! We are hoping to come back next year to do our Advanced course. I would highly recommend Sunshine Divers if you are looking to do your Open water course. The one on one interaction and small groups made the experience a lot better and more enjoyable.
Thankyou Sunshine Divers!
Love Mili and Alice!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Back in 2009 I did my Advanced Open Water course with Sunshine. Thanks David for teaching me the basics. From this experience I did my EFR and Rescue this year. This was really a great course. It was hard work, but it made me so much more aware of what is going on in the water and also outside the water.
This made me so enthusiastic that I decided to do my Dive Master Traineeship with Sunshine. I couldn't have made a better choice. Every single instructor really takes the effort to make you a solid Dive Master. I can say that I am happy and proud I chose for Sunshine Divers. I will certainly return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo