Assava Dive Resort
US$63
US$72
US$47
Agoda.com
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$42
US$59
US$49
  • Breakfast included
US$112
US$83
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$154
US$131
Priceline
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$45
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$37
Priceline
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewsopen waterdiving schoolchalok baynice place to staymy girlfriendpadi coursefan roomskillsstudentsinstructordiveaccommodationislandfinsmotorbikerelaxation
Reviewed 19 September 2013

love the sunshine divers resort! graet place right on the beautiful beach, proffesional guids and happy energies :) the location is far from the noisy beach wich makes it relax when you want to. there is also nice bars around so you can go party when you feel like.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I did my Open Water referral with Thomas in July of 2013 after having done part of of the course several months earlier in Turkey. Not only were they the cheapest on the island for my situation, but they were also incredibly friendly and welcoming, not to mention professional and thorough in their instruction. I had a wonderful time with Sunshine Divers and highly recommend them!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My friend and I went to Koh Tao without booking anything in advance, but ended up finding Sunshine Resort and were gladly able to stay and start our open water diving certification there. Our instructors, especially Natalie, explained everything well and in great detail! She was all about making sure everyone was always on the same page and never gave up us! I was a prime example of this. For strange reasons, I always had trouble clearing my mask underwater while I was being tested. I didn't realize what I was doing wrong at the time but Natalie was extremely patient with me and didn't give up on me until I got it down! I finally figured out what I was doing wrong (don't exhale out of your mouth!) It's easy to learn and practice when you have instructors who go the extra length to help you out! The team at Sunshine Divers are experienced and know their stuff!!

I highly recommend it here. The beach was beautiful and all the people at Sunshine were very nice and courteous. When I was training, I met other divers who were all at different levels of skill who were sharing their stories and also offering advice. Props to Natalie and the other instructors for a superb experience!

Daniel
Michigan USA

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Great resort with a nice view and a really good ambiance. The rooms are clean and spacious.
We came for a OpenWater course. And we had the best time with our instructor Bnooz who is as professional as friendly. The rest of the staff was also helpful and kind.
Definitely a place to recommend to discover diving in Koh Tao!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Please note this review concerns the dive operation, not the hotel; they are separate entities.

I recently spent 5 months (Feb-Jun 2013) with Sunshine Divers obtaining my professional level ratings. The course director Natalia is an unstoppable bundle of positive energy. Her ability to always be there for everybody is astounding.

The DM program at Sunshine goes beyond just the minimum requirements. Each candidate gets experience assisting on multiple classes of different levels. Sunshine is a medium size, well respected, and fairly busy dive shop, so professional level students encounter the actual realities of life in the dive industry, working with real students, and working with fun divers.

Before choosing Sunshine, I researched several dive shops. Sunshine stood out among the crowd for both the responsiveness of Natalie to my many inquiries as well as the length of its IDC program, which includes 15 days of instructions with a couple of off/make-up days sprinkled in. The IDC program was intense, challenging, and thorough. If you put in the effort, you will be rewarded. I cannot imagine having been better prepared for the Instructor Exams. My IDC class totaled 2 students. We averaged 4.9 out of 5 on the various evaluated presentation during the IE. Who could ask for more? The written IE exams were also a breeze after Natalie's IDC.

After the IDC, I stayed an additional 2 months to complete the MSDT program. I was able to team teach along side several seasoned instructors and conducted some classes on my own. That type of experience is invaluable in truly learning what it means to be instructor.

I would certainly recommend Sunshine for any level of dive instruction. Life permitting, I am considering returning one day for Staff Instructor training.

Michael