Buddha View Dive Resort
US$71
US$64
US$74
US$58
Pinnacle Koh Tao Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
Agoda.com
Haadtien Beach Resort(Koh Tao)
US$208
US$196
US$113
US$90
US$95
US$59
Hotels.com
Ban's Diving Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$45
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Woodlawn Villas(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$39
Aminjirah Resort(Koh Tao)(Great Value!)
US$61
Travelocity
All reviewsdive resortopen waterdiving careerlearn scubafun divingbudget roomdiving courserooms are basicair conchalok baybeautiful islandaccommodationbangkokbvvaleriofanclassroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I took OW and AOW courses at Buddha View. The instructors, dive buddies, accommodation and atmosphere around are just so good. This resort has a restaurant, a bar and a cafe. All provide delicious dishes and drinks with reasonable prices.
A single fan room would be provided for free if you book the courses online. The room was big, clean and tidy, but it would be better if there was free wifi and the shower could run out of water faster.

Room Tip: Check the shower
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

buddha view, good diving center. that is other people i meet on the island told me.
although sales agency tell lies about accommodation and free wifi, the diving course is pretty cool there. especially hannes bauer, my diving instructor, who is cool but sweet. he find me a kid tank once after i told him the tank is heavy for me. how amazing~he is so experience and humorous.
buddha view is a good diving center, highly recommand

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Since the room was included in my 4 day course (PADI open water) I had nothing to complain. The room was not the best and the walls could use some paint, but the bed was clean and so was the toilet and shower. The bbq at night was pretty good and overall my stay at Buddha view was not to bad. Since I was in the class room, swimming pool or diving in sea and just slept in my room, no problem at all. Diving was awesome and my dive class was the best and James (our instructor) rocked! Will go back to Buddha for my Advance open water next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TimDeGroot
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed at Buddha view for 4 nights whilst I completed my PADI OW course but moved to other accommodation to complete my AOW. Luckily, the room was included in the price of the course (I found a really good deal from a guesthouse in Bangkok so paid way below what others who had booked their course on the island had paid).
However, had I been paying for the room separately there would have been quite a few complaints as I think these rooms are something like 900 Baht if you pay for one - definitely not worth the money. The room was fairly large and had a balcony and onsuite but they were basic to say the least and very grubby, you could tell they have a high turnover of guests. The door to the room was also pretty much falling off and not very secure and my balcony door was pretty much hanging on. The beds were rock solid and sunk in the middle (lots of people using them obviously) and pretty dirty - also no sheets were provided. showers had cold water which wasn't an issue but I believe they marketed the showers as being warm. However, I was only using the room for showering, sleeping and storing my bag so it wasn't really an issue. Although, sleeping may be an issue as there are so many guests and lots of partying, so you may be disturbed.
Free pickup off the boat was very helpful because it's about a 10 minute ride from the main pier and I was greeted by my very friendly diving instructor who made me feel very welcome and relaxed about the course.
The restaurant is pretty average but the night time buffet is really good although it is over-priced. The Buddha Bar is awesome and a great place to catch up, meet new people and talk about your diving or whatever. Good vibes... nice!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank nayhem
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Where to start...my friends stayed at Buddha View some good few years ago and so I booked a couple of nights here based on their recommendations. When I arrived, I was taken to my room by a grumpy British guy who had obviously overstayed on the island and lost any interest in offering customer service. Whatever, it didn't ruin my day.

I was booked into a double room with air-con (the most expensive room) and yet the air con failed to work on both nights. The second night, I woke up to the sound of water dripping from the air-con and into the back of the TV which was plugged in! I was refused a refund on the excess I had paid for this lack of air-con. Instead, I was told that setting the air-con to 20°C had caused the air-con to break and that everyone knows the universal setting for air-con is no lower than 25°C to prevent global warming. I think he meant preserve energy on the island! Now, even if this is true and it was down to my own ignorance, it's insane that they don't stick up a sign in the room warning guests about this. It seems a small preventative measure to avoid TV's potentially blowing up! The room itself was not cleaned properly and the bathroom had definitely not been cleaned with hair and soap still on the walls.

The complete lack of service or care for your custom and comfort has earned this resort a place in my top 5 places to avoid. The only redeeming feature being that the Buddha View bar was a decent bar and a nice place to meet others.

Room Tip: Avoid any of the rooms near or overlooking the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo