“Worst rooms but best people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Buddha View Dive Resort
Ranked #23 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Paris
“Worst rooms but best people”
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We got this hotel from a travel agency in Bangkok and they had no idea what they were selling us. When you do the diving class, you get a free room. It's basically a room not very clean, no towels, no sheets... Some of us didn't do the diving class and we paid a very High price for those bad rooms... So be careful which room you end into. But the people are great, they have a barbecue at night, a bar where all the divers meet. It was a lot of fun in the end.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank backfromtrip

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Helsinki
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights (although we didn't dive at all) in the mid-range "deluxe fan room". We were hoping for bungalow but they were all taken already and this room with big balcony was actually better, one of the best stays in our whole Thailand visit! Room&bathroom were both clean, classy and beautiful. Double bed was huge and comfortable. And I always LOVE to have own balcony! :)
The area and the beach is much more nicer than the main one, more peaceful and hidden but still with some restaurants and bars if you want some nightlife. Food in the restaurant was also really good. Nothing to complain about our visit. I highly recommend!

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies are really nice!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelerHKI
London
Reviewed 11 November 2012

It's away from the hustle and bustle of Sai Ree, though still close enough for a night out there.
The basic rooms are all ensuite and have a fan. They are fairly clean upon arrival, but are not cleaned during your stay (this privilege is reserved for the superior rooms). If you take you shoes off before you go in, the room should stay clean though! There are mosquito nets over all the windows, which is definately useful in the warm season.
The complex has a bar and a resturaunt, both of which are very reasonably priced. There is also a barbecue every evening offering chicken and beef skewers, as well as many many types of fish.
The resort is predominantly a dive school, and so pretty much everybody there is a diver. If you are doing a dive course there, your accommodation is free.
There is good wifi available throughout the resort priced at THB100 for 24 hours.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheIntrepidExp
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We went to Buddah View to take the Open Water course because we had got it recommended by a friend.
I was very nervous about taking the course, so they arranged that we got an instructor from my country. So even though everything was in English (we were 6 people in class from 4 diff countries) I could go to him with my worries in my own language which was nice.
The course was great and we enjoyed all of it!
We stayed at one the free rooms, and thought about upgrading because they are very basic (e.g. toilet flush happens using a bucket of water) but on the other hand you only stay in the room when you have to sleep.
There is a wonderful bbq with fish every night, a nice cafe for breakfast, a bar for beers in the evening and a nice view of the ocean.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Isabella B
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I took OW and AOW courses at Buddha View. The instructors, dive buddies, accommodation and atmosphere around are just so good. This resort has a restaurant, a bar and a cafe. All provide delicious dishes and drinks with reasonable prices.
A single fan room would be provided for free if you book the courses online. The room was big, clean and tidy, but it would be better if there was free wifi and the shower could run out of water faster.

Room Tip: Check the shower
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
beijing
Reviewed 29 July 2012

buddha view, good diving center. that is other people i meet on the island told me.
although sales agency tell lies about accommodation and free wifi, the diving course is pretty cool there. especially hannes bauer, my diving instructor, who is cool but sweet. he find me a kid tank once after i told him the tank is heavy for me. how amazing~he is so experience and humorous.
buddha view is a good diving center, highly recommand

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Since the room was included in my 4 day course (PADI open water) I had nothing to complain. The room was not the best and the walls could use some paint, but the bed was clean and so was the toilet and shower. The bbq at night was pretty good and overall my stay at Buddha view was not to bad. Since I was in the class room, swimming pool or diving in sea and just slept in my room, no problem at all. Diving was awesome and my dive class was the best and James (our instructor) rocked! Will go back to Buddha for my Advance open water next year!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo