“Must Have Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Buddha View Dive Resort
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I loved my Open Water Course at Buddha View. The instructor Jesper really made the course amazing, he i so funny and helpful. I can't imagine a better instructor.

I paid 9000 Bhat including transport from Bangkok and accommodation.

You go to all the major dive site on Koh Tao which is nice. The resort it on the South which is a less touristy area of the island, compared to Sairee Beach, where more dive schools are.

The complaints about the basic rooms... they are fine, everything is perfect except for the 100 bhat for wifi, which you can get at any restaurant down the road.

Loved my time here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Buddha View Dive Resort

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Unfortunately, we can not recommand the Buddha View Resort. Neither as a accomodation nor as a Dive Resort.
The Rooms were clean, but the Water was yellow and smelled not good. Ok it is an Island, but in other places you can get clean water. Addittional, the laundy Service is more expensive than other small ones all over the Island and parts of our Laundry got lost! No Excuses on the reception.
Diving: for a Fun Dive you have to do all by your own, no safety Check from the Divemaster.Unsecure Diving, the even haven´t check our diving license Card! All about Money Money Money.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed 21 September 2013

So many good things to say about this place! Spotted it from eating at the BBQ 3 years ago, returned to do my open water diving last year and finally came back to finish my advanced diving this September! Everything still as great as the first visit. Most relaxed, friendly place in koh tao. I love returning just to go here!!! And their diving is renouned for some of the best on the island! If you're thinking about learning to dive in Thailand... Go here!!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robinsonjennifer
Reviewed 8 September 2013

As you might guess from the name, this place is dive central! Most of the people staying here were doing their PADI or other dive qualifications, but for non divers, there is a nice beach and very warm sea, as well as a good cafe for breakfast - fab smoothies. If you want to be nearer the hustle and bustle, look for accommodation in Sairee Beach (central hub).

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Did a dive course with them, hence had a free accomodation for 3 nights.
Accomodation is basic but ok.
The thai guy at the reception must be the unfriendliest person in the world.
I had a very good instructor for my course, but I consider myself lucky: many other BV instructors didnt seem to care at all about their students.
So if you want the cheapest, BV is the place to be. But as soon as I arrived I wished I went somewhere else( even though it would have cost me 1000 or 2000 thb more).
Come, spend your money and go away would be a good motto for Buddha View.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Francois H
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I did my PADI Open Water Diver course there and I was very happy with the service. If you book the course online you get free accommodation for the length of the course, which is great as you save some money and you do not have to worry how to get to the resort and back. Of course the rooms are very basic but they are clean and free of charge. There are also some really nice rooms in the front of the hotel right next to the beach, but if you want one of these you of course have to pay for it. The instructors were very nice and knowledgeable, it was all very professional. The dive sites are nice and the prices for the dive courses are rather cheap, so I can definitely recommend it to everyone who wants to start diving!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The worst hotel experience iv ever had! The rooms were very dirty, the pillows smelt gross, the showers looked like they had never been cleaned, the one towel I had was dirty and stained and when you ask for a clean towel they never had any as they would send them to Lombok to the Laundry. I ended up buying a new one for the few days we were there. The staff were clueless, they never new the wifi password and when they did it didn't work most of the time. The electricity goes off daily! Sometimes there was no running water in the room at all. The hot water hardly ever worked. The skinny blonde guy who runs the place is so rude and arrogant! iv never dealt with someone so unprofessional in my life!!
the worst part of the whole experience was on our last day, when they tried to scam an extra 50,000 rupiah ($5) for a lost piece of paper!!! After we checked out we returned our hire bikes with their combination locks. We had lost the piece of paper that the combination was written on but wrote it down again so they could use the lock. When we checked out the lady said it was all fine. But then later they sent a guy after us to meet us at the boat. As our boat was about to leave the island they try to stop us from leaving and called island security to demand we pay the 50,000 rupiah debt!!! (even after we had paid and extra $10 unused bike hire). We paid the $5 and got the hell out of there

Gili T is beautiful. But avoid this hotel at all costs!!!

3  Thank giovan85