“Noisy, run down, inappropriate jokes= not value for your money!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Buddha View Dive Resort
Ranked #22 of 49 Hotels in Koh Tao
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have only good things to say about the reception staff, friendly and warm. Restaurant good too. But that's it...the rest was a poor experience for me. The place is noisy, the rooms are run down, the instructor made inappropriate jokes and took my diving mood away, and for what I paid ("luxury room"?) there's a douzen other cheaper places (I asked on the street and at pier).
1) The noise never stops. There's loud partying at the beach bars till the late hours, then from 6.45 the divers gather and make more noise...I had asked 1x on the phone and 2x per email and booking form for a quiet room but problem is they're all facing the inner courtyard, where people shout at each other instead of talking, lessons take place, trucks gather to go diving, and lots of motorcycles park and pedal gas day&night.
2) I had an instructor that made a lot of jokes that made me feel uncomfortable,2 very sexist ones about women and diving, I didn't wanna dive anymore after that. i've had 4 different diving companies so far and never have I felt so put down and unencouraged. When I hesitated in booking another session, quoting need for more info (where, with whom the next day) he snickered at my questions, then pushed for an answer, this way he put me off completely. Other diving companies make an effort to explain possible spots and plans, ask what your wishes are...it was obvious he didn't want to go with me and didn't care what I thought. He proceeded to give all his attention to who was signing up for the Advanced course....is this resort only about making money, and not getting people excited about diving?
3) Shabby, run-down room,considering what I paid for it. They call it luxury but the shower head was broken(stuck with tape which immediately broke), water never really warm(with monsoon weather this is necessary), sometimes coming out in spurts and rusty yellow, no soap,no access to fridge, very little toilet paper,and everything old,rusty,mouldy.....

I think the heydays of Buddha View are over.
Next time I'll stay somewhere else, diving costs exactly the same in other places on the island....this is not value for your money and sexists should not be doing this job.

Room Tip: You can dive there if u like, but don't sleep there.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Buddha View Dive Resort

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My brother and I spent a few days diving with Buddha View. We only had 3 weeks in SE Asia in total and are so happy we spent the longest time there! My brother did his OW and was the only one in the course; I did my Advanced and LOVED it! Our instructors were great fun and still professional. We were especially happy with the service and help we received: Pick up from ferry, being welcomed, room service, filling in the log books and the instructors always tried getting us on the same boat although we took different courses. Also the variety in languages and dive sites was very good: I dived 8 different sites in 9 dives - perfect!

Since we were there in low season, I won't know how busy it is in high season but I just hope that they'll never become one of the big "mass production" dive centres.

Thank you Andrea, Costa and Manolo. We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We had a free twin room/bungalow with fan as part of our courses and it was absolutely fine. Huge ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 50Corinna
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Did my Open Water and Advanced course here (with a small Fullmoon delay of 1 day). Pablo as instructor was great, he is spanish, experienced and very calm. James and Costa where great with all the extra information and help. Had the free room during the course. Basic but okay. In other hotels you pay 500 for same quality. Thanks guys

Room Tip: If full, the Sunshine resort has the cheapest rooms (350 bath) opposed to the other hotels starting...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

On arriving into Ko Tao, my friend and I loved the look of the sea, the roads and when we arrived, the Buddha View. The induction/welcome to the resort and world of diving was great, very clear (it's run by English/Aussie folk so we had a refreshing break from language barriers) - the room seemed ok, too.

But...the bathroom was pretty awful - toilet was heavily stained, water didn't drain (resulted in sand everywhere), shower head was broken so sprayed everywhere - and there was more. Compounded by the fact they didn't clean our room - despite the request (which you're entitled to every second day if you're in a deluxe room) - which meant we spent 2 days using wet towels, treading around in sand, and generally not feeling too clean.

The diving side and atmosphere, however, was much more positive. Enjoyable, upbeat, and laid back - with better basic hospitality and cleanliness this could have been fantastic.

Oh - and they may recommended to rent a scooter/moped from their Buddha View rental place just down the road - I'd advise against this - the English guy who runs this was at first laid back, before quickly regressing to downright rude. I wouldn't let his attitude spoil your holiday...so try somewhere else if you're wanting to rent a bike!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MurrayP_1984
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Warm welcome, informative about what's around the place! Nicest beach on the island and it's on your door step!! Really nice cafe bar on the sand for breakfast and evening entertainment! Very chilled out, music stops around 12, but the sound of the gentle waves lapping drowns out any music from the bar. As a dive resort looked awesome, nice clean pool, helpful staff! Cool place and a beautiful island

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Loved it here.
Went with friends who did their PADI, was only supposed to go for 3 nights and stayed a week.
Prior to going I was petrified of the sea, Buddha View and their brilliant dive team got me leaving the island having completed 4 dives.
The bar is super cool, accommodation is a bit grim but i've stayed in worse in Thailand. It the team that really make this place. Brilliant, I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Would thoroughly recommend diving with these guys whether you're taking a course or just fun diving, we did not want to leave!
My girlfriend and I took our Rescue Diver course here and had an awesome time! The courses and fun dives were great value for money especially compared to some more well known centres on the island. The staff were great and put us up in a neighbouring resort as we had booked a course and they were full but we kept coming back to the restaurant and the amazing bbq and drinks at the friendly 'Buddha bar' in the evening made our stay even better!
A special mention to Cory our instructor who was brilliant! Friendly, professional, knowledgeable and great fun!
Also had some great dives with Buddha view guys Costa, Jamie, Manola and of course thanks to Elliot our favourite DMT rescue dummy, cheers 'noodle'!

Room Tip: book ahead as it is a popular place!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple