All reviews sky bar breakfast buffet very nice hotel mekong river minute walk seminar balcony tv
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

After a long day starting in Phnom Phen, we were happy to check into the Amanta. After a quick shower we went to their Sky Bar and were revived with a cold Singha. Moving on to food it was a treat to have some Thai cooking and I enjoyed the Lab Moo.
The room was perfect for us and breakfast had plenty of choices.
In the morning we got a tuk tuk to the market and had a good dig about and bought several items.
In conclusion Amanta is a good hotel with friendly service and interesting garden in the centre a well stocked Koy Carp pond.
If you want a one stop rest this has everything including ATM.
If you want a look around the town it is only minutes away and 70 baht in a tuk tuk.
Recommend Hotel, new, clean and everything works.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I was underwhelmed. The hotel is good standard, excellent room, good service but no English was spoken.
What put me off was the location. I thought I was on the river bank but I was actually able to see the river about 50 yards away, past the opposite building and across the road.
So, forget about the romantic balcony overlooking the river. There are much cheaper guesthouses in town providing that.

Room Tip: Don't expect great river views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canerandagio
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

The hotel is nice, clean and good decoration. The staff are helpful and friendly. The elevator were a bit confuse with the number inside and exactly floor. The top of the hotel has sky bar with good view in the city and also river view.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

+The room was huge and new looking, bed was very comfortable, the pillows soft. We had an ok view of the river. The shower was nice and hot, the room had a safe . There was a shop across the road and 7/11 around the corner. Waking distance to the night,day markets or 50 baht tuk tuk ride.

~Upon check in . Staff found it hard to find my booking which I made through booking.com . Reception insisted on speaking in Thai to my wife instead of me while communicating even though one of them said they could speak English. The wireless internet was ridiculous, very poor, in need of an upgrade. The room fridge was small and was unable to keep my drinks cold. The hotel advised all the room fridges were the same , I ended up buying ice from the shop across the road. The room had a brown ant infestation on the floor and in the bed. The hotel breakfast was basic.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shane P
Reviewed 28 August 2016

This hotel has been open five months and initial pricing was way too high,1400 Baht walk in and 1200 Baht online. My stay through Agoda was £ 22 which is 990 Baht which represents much better value.
As an international traveller three things struck me :

1 ) At 1400 Baht a night in Nong Khai i would expect a nice swimming pool.
2 ) WIFI signal is very,very weak.
3 ) No English language TV

Apart from those three faults it is a beautiful,very clean hotel with friendly staff.Food is good and i loved the bar on the roof with great views of Laos.It is close enough to town to walk or jump in a tuktuk.
At 990 Baht it is good value.At 1400 Baht it is expensive.
Thais i spoke to said they were staying there as it was new but unlikely to return at higher range of pricing.

Room Tip: Book through Agoda , 300 Baht a night cheaper than other sites like booking.com
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple