This hotels nice on the outside and very new, with very basic smallish rooms with softer beds, air, refrigerator, and TVs. BUT...
1. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 12:30, although we called previously to make sure checkin was 12:00. They told us to wait 30 mins upon arriving. We couldn't wait bc our son was in bad need of nap. We got a room that was ready, but wasn't what we reserved: two twin beds?!?! Obviously as married couple wanted and reserved a queen bed, also a superior room but we received standard. We asked to change and they told us they were full although we passed several rooms on the way to our own with doors wide open and queen beds inside. V frustrated by this.
2. We were promised a "baby cot" for our 21-month old son to sleep in, however what we received was in actuality a baby bassinet that swings back and forth and is made for babies probably up to 9 months old. It was purchased from the Tesco Lotus just around the corner. There was a locking function on the bassinet however it doesn't work well as it still tipped side to side as our son's weight shifted. We overturned two chairs to prevent it from rocking but it didn't hold steady even with this. Indeed even in the middle of the night the locking mechanism came undone and was then swinging back and forth. at one point when he stood up precariously he couldve somersaulted over the top of the bassinet onto the tile floor! The vertical motion also cannot be prevented so no matter how you adjust it it will sway vertically as well. It's not safe or comfortable for a toddler at all but when we asked for a crib they didn't have one. He couldn't sleep with us as we'd been given two twin beds. All in all we had quite a sleepless weekend and it seemed the "cot" was just very uncomfortably small fir a toddler. Obviously they don't have children with their guests normally but we obviously can't stay here again for this reason. They need to have beds for children up to 3 yrs old.
3. The noise inside the hallways of the hotel is horrendous. Although waitstaff, maidstaff, and hotel staff were very friendly and amenable and quick to respond to requests, the hotel walls are paper thin and the hallways echo terribly. All afternoon the maids roll their carts up and down the halls and open and slam doors, and the sound just magnifies. They clanked glass bottles while cleaning rooms and drag furniture over the floors, and being on end of the hallway we could hear them putting things away in a storage closet. At night we could hear the people in the next room talking or perhaps their TV. Although on this point we did ask once for the maids to keep noise level down and it did seem to lessen for an hour or so from that point on.
4. The wifi network was never once available in our room, and when we tried it in the lobby we couldn't connect. The signal is weak...So do not count on having Internet avail here.
5. The breakfast is decent but just be aware there aren't western options such as yogurt, milk or muesli as at other hotels. There was cut fruit, a fresh coffeepot, and white bread for toast and several Thai options like fried rice and some soups. The waitstaff was extremely kind and gave great service. One morning when the food was almost gone and quite picked over by a couple of tour buses that had come thru previously, one waiter offered to have an omelet made for me, which was quite thoughtful and proactive on his part! The restaurant seemed nice and pretty decent in the three times we ate there.
All in all, it's not a family friendly hotel for the above stated reasons but staff was generally helpful and seemed very happy to serve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel’s unique design is a combination of the beautiful Thai classical structure and the elegance conventional modern elements making it one of the most exclusive hotels in Nongkhai.The interiors were designed beautifully with high quality materials to further enhance your stay at Royal Nakhara. The hotel has 80 guest rooms, each with wireless internet and a cable TV. Try our Restaurant & Karaoke for Thai- International cuisine, or the bar for a relaxing nightcap. There is a massage room on site, as well as function rooms and a conference room, ideal for business meetings or weddings. The outside is surrounded with a gorgeous garden which is perfect for an afternoon tea or a laid back cocktail party after sunset. We also have closed circuit TV cameras all over the hotel facility to ensure the safety and privacy of our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Nakhara Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.