Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Old room and not clean if you compare with outside looking.

Date of stay: April 2011
2  Thank Finejewel
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Two words only describe my view of this hotel - extremely disapointing! From the moment I checked in I wanted to check out and having pondered my quarry for the one night stay I agreed to, I'm sorry I didn't. If this is a Holiday Inn then they have some serious explaining to do. The numerous web sites that promote this hotel range from 5 star to 3 star and only the amenities can possibly account for this because everything is wrong with this hotel from the unhelpful and cleary inexperienced staff, to the run down, worn out and tired room that was described as a 'Superior Room'. There was nothing superior about the room with the dirty carpet, ancient TV, sparce furniture and wireless internet for 100 baht for 2 hours (the maximum you can purchase!). That is not what I call 5 star. The porter shrugged his shoulders when I asked why there was only a handful of people staying at the hotel, but I guess that was a question I didn't really need to ask.
I have stayed in Holiday Inns for over 14 years and am a Platimum member who has come to rely on good and consistant standards with this hotel chain. I'm actually not sure that is there isn't a mistake and that this is not owned by the HI group but I intend to find out and make my feelings know directly.
The swimming pool by the way is huge but if you have children you will be diapointed and possible concerned to know that the pool has very deep water in most of the pool so you would be well advised to keep your children in the smaller pool adjacent. The pool appears to be heated and was uncomfortable hot especially as the air temperature was 35 degrees!
One day I would hope to return to this hotel in the hope of finding that it has adopted the real holiday Inn look and is not being portrayed by name to simply lure customers. It is after all set in a beautiful location just out of town but close enough for a short 5 minute Tuk-tuk ride. It overlookes the Mekon River and is ideally situated for a short hop across the river into Loes.

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We had a junior suite with really great views, all lights and fixtures were working properly and room, bathroom and bed were all clean at a very acceptable level. Ok, the curtains are in urgent need of a good cleaning (I thought it was a kinda floral pattern, however my wife pointed out to me it was just plain dirty. Well, men just cannot see such things ...).
Breakfast is lousy, but then relax, just sleep in and take early lunch in town instead. Transportation however can be difficult and the staff is not extremely helpful.
Anyway, it was quiet and peaceful, the pool looked very clean (and there was sufficient pool furniture) and for the money we paid it was pretty ok and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again anytime soon.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kotti
Reviewed 19 September 2009

It may once have been 'Royal' and it may once have been a grand place given it's location but this building has been let go and is crumbling around the managements ears. In travelling the world for 40 years I do not think I have seen filthier carpets than in here. There should be a sign that says 'Please wipe your feet on leaving.' We stayed in a 'junioir suite' that strangely is a single room. Apart from the toilet not working (which was promplty fixed) and the bath hand rail falling off the wall and the aforementioned carpet that was slightly cleaner than the hallway's, it was a good sized room with a good view of the river and bridge. Breakfast is a cold affair, although they use the standard buffet equipment they do not use any heaters so expect your eggs and sausages cold. The management also allow hawkers right up to the front door who are a right nuisance especially when everyone is fighting to get their cars under the front door porch so they can transfer their baggage without getting wet. The management of this hotel obviously no longer wish to cater to an international trade instead concentrating on a less demanding domestic market. Considering this hotel was the same price as the next hotel we stayed, the Amari Loei Palace this was poor value. Not Again.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DellBoy218
Reviewed 13 April 2008

This was my second time at the hotel in six months (two trips to Thailand from Australia).. I was travelling with a Thai national each time .
I think most people are expecting "Western " type hotels with everything laid on - tea and coffee making facilities, 24 hour room service etc. This is Thailand, not the Western World..
The view from our 8th floor room was great, looking out over the river and bridge.
Staff were good and courteous and spoke some English (I mean,once again, this is Thailand, out in the Sticks!).
Transport to and from was easy - there are always tuktuks outside and I got them for 50 Baht each way.
Breakfast (buffet).gives a much better choice than I found in most Thai hotels.
If you want to go to riverside restaurants (where you can get a really good feed with beer for 20 to 30 bucks for two, get a tuktuk and pay him a little extra to wait, or come for you later.
If you are used to 5 star hotels, then this is not for you (but then, where will you find a 5 star hotel in the region?)
I will be there again in July, this time with my 15 year old - and I have learned Thai this past two years (I am 65 years old!) . I do not anticipate any problems.
I had no problems with hot water, cleanliness or anything at all.in the hotel
Did not use the pool at all, but it was there.
I will quite happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank avemario