“Go during low season”

Pai Hotspring Spa Resort
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Pai
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We visited during the low season and basically had a huge resort to ourselves. The price was reduced to 1280 baht as well.

The resort is large, lush and beautiful with a very nice pool and hot spring to lounge in. Rooms are clean and bathrooms are nice. My gf and I did the spa package and it was excellent. The treatments were world class and the two thai masseusses were adorable.

The restaurant is a bit pricey and the food was too spicy to eat for a few of us. With so few guests though we had an army of servers attending us. Beware, the music was super cheesy. I think they had the Aladdin soundtrack playing at one point.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

My friends and I enjoyed a beautiful Subday afternoon at the pool of the resort. Entry costs 100baht and includes the hotspring pools and normal (large) swimming pool . It was clean and beautiful. You can find showers everywhere after swimmjng in the hotsprings. Its a beautiful location and you can see elephants marching on the river from time to time.

Only downturn are the high restaurant prices. So if u go there for the pool take some snacks and drinks or eat in town.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed in a river view cabin overlooking the river. Gorgeous spot, nice and quiet, mostly had the resort to ourselves.
While we were there, during the dry season, the resort was not able to fill all the hot springs tubs because of restrictions from the National Park where the source is located. We were very disappointed not to be able to have a hot tub on our deck, but there were a couple of hot tubs filled in the common areas. We did not know this was the case until we checked in, there was no notification prior to our arrival.
The pool was beautiful and huge. We swam in it, but our daughter did not, she found it way too cold at that time of the year. You definitely need to be from a Northern country to love swimming in that temperature!
The chef is very good and the prices were reasonable. We found the Thai dishes to be excellent.
Our room was very nice. The deck was not. The wood was not maintained and nails were sticking out everywhere. There were many gaps in the doors allowing mosquitoes to come in. We bought one mosquito net and taped up all the cracks.
In January, it was very cold at night (5-6 C) and there were no heaters in the room. All the more reason to miss the hot spring tub on our deck! It was a cold affair, eating in the outdoor restaurant at this time of year. Definitely bring winter clothes with you!
The view from the restaurant is a perfect spot to watch tourists riding the elephants. We really enjoyed this and my daughter wanted to rename the resort "Elephant View Resort and Hot Springs".
The staff were very friendly, and we loved having the resort to ourselves, for a quiet week in the Pai mountains.
On a positive note, the resort is being renovated now and we were promised that by next year, the wood decking issues would all be gone and everything will be gorgeous again!
The resort is a few kilometres out of town, we rented a car in Chiang Mai and had it with us, which was very handy. There is a shuttle that goes to town from the resort.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We just came back from our New Years Eve at Pai Hotspring SPA resort.

I never been so cheated and treated with such disrespect!
Me and my girlfriend (I am Swedish, and my girlfriend is Chinese) lived in Chiang Mai for 4 years. We know all about the standard for room and food prices.

We understand about high season, and specially a day like New Years eve!
But, the only reason why we booked this place was because we both found it interesting and nice with the private bathtub hot spring in the room. We wanted to make our New Year special.
When we arrived (5 pm) the room wasn’t even ready for check-in, but we were told check-in was at 1 pm.
So, we waited for the room to get clean. But when we came in the room, a 4-star hotel, the room wasn’t clean. The trash bin was full of old toilet paper. And we didn’t have any new toilet paper in the room.
This is what to expect from a 4-star hotel?
But, then, to our biggest disappointment and rip off! The hot-spring didn’t work…
We wanted to enjoy the hot-spring in our room because of the really cold winter!

So we went up to talk to the manager. No explanation, just said to my girlfriend in thai, even she is Chinese, “I give you 20% discount”…
I wanted to explain our reason for come here, but we were told we can use the public hot-spring anytime. That is a 5-minute walk from our room. And it’s 10 degrees at night-time…
But why we paid for the private hot-spring, and not get it?

Then, the manager lied to us 2 times….
1. I asked how much for a room without the private hot-spring, because that is what our room was, a normal room. She told me 4300 baht. I later checked on internet, and it was 2250 baht. Which I SHOULD pay!
Why pay for something in a hotel description and get something you not pay for?!

2. She told us that they informed us about this on the internet. I asked her if she could show me where, she couldn’t.
I later checked everywhere on the website. Couldn’t see anywhere!
We didn’t get ANY information about the hot-spring not working in the rooms. If we knew, we wouldn’t stay there! We have a house in Chiang Mai, but we left the house and had the worst New Year ever because of Pai Hot Spring SPA Resort…

The day after we wanted to talk with the manager again. She didn’t even want to meet us, she was sitting in a house, didn’t want to get out. First we were told she wasn’t there, and then we were told she was busy. Even we were sitting there for 1,5 hour.
Even me and my girlfriend can speak thai, and we could hear the other managers didn’t want to talk to us too, because it’s not their problem.

The GALA NEW YEAR dinner was a joke. For 1300 baht per person, we expect something really nice!
First disappointment, for 1300 baht, no drinks include, not even WATER!
And the food was NOTHING special; it was same like a school dinner, a buffe with fried rice and low quality food…
We talked with a lot other guest, and everybody was very disappointed. A thai family told us they even had to pay 1300 baht for her 5 year old daughter.

The only one who talked with us was the receptionist, and I feel bad for her, because it’s not her fault. The manager just send her to talk with us, and said sorry sorry.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank T0by_T0by
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Main gripe is that the hot springs were out of order during our 24h stay. This was not highlighted on their website and we were not contacted by them before arrival (booked a couple of days in advance). It is out of pai centre and the hot springs were the main reason for us choosing it.

Generally the resort is tired looking and not reflective of the £45 we paid for a standard room. No hot water or towels in the room.

Cleanliness was not great, the point rammed home when we noticed a big turd on one of the tables right outside reception! Right outside, in line of sight of at least three members of staff! God knows where it came from but it took them at least 40min to clean it away. Terrible.

On the plus side staff friendly (but they are all over SE asia), lovely rural location and decent breakfast. They also picked us up from the town centre when we arrived free of charge, which was good of them.

I won't be going back.

Room Tip: The posh bungalows looked ok from outside.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We went to Pai for a break from Chiang Mai. Most hot springs were closed or maintenance. The hotel grounds are absolutely stunning with the river at its back, rice fields and mountains surrounding the area. I felt like I was in Thailand. Once in Pai town you can rent a scooter for 24 hrs for 6.00. We chose to take one in the very few taxis around to get to the hotel for 6.00. There are no tuk tuk and the hotel is about 7 km from downtown on a backroad which is very easy to get to. If you want peace and quiet it is a place to go

The rooms are old and doors have big cracks which mosquitoes can slip through and the walls are paper thin so if you book a room don't book where the mineral pools are in the courts. If you do it will be very noisy.

We walked from the hotel to Thom's elephant camp and took an elephant out bare back for 3 hours. Too long but what a spectacular view. We went all the way up a mountain and then went swimming with it. Loved every moment. Not very busy and private elephant ride with our guide was great. Great place to go.

Hotel has a free shuttle to downtown during certain hours. Food is great and just a little more that in the own town core.

Hotel was great for pool,spectacular views and elephant trekking. Plan on two days one day is not enough

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank diamondeyhes
Reviewed 10 October 2013

At Pai Hotspring, I have experiece a wonderful time because I could escape from the outside world by the views of the green scenery of mountain and nature. This is a time for me and my friends to relax and enjoy warm hotspring. With helpful staffs and friendly kind of people that willing to help when I needed to. Thank you to Pai Hotspring Spa Resort for giving me the best time here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Neungy
Apichet M, Hotel Manager at Pai Hotspring Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Khun Neungy,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write us a review.
We are very glad to hear that you are very enjoy your stay with the friendly attend service. We trusted that you enjoy your journey home, and we are looking forward to serve you again.

Fond Regards,
Apichet Maneesinn
Hotel Manager
Pai Hotsprings Spa Resort.