“Super Friendly Owner”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Pai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Super Friendly Owner”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Its a small resort, not more than 20 baan/rooms. The resort very nice, clean and good value of money.

In the morning, you can enjoy the weather and view from the balcony (if you booked the bigger baan)

Totally recommended, all the things here will make u wanna come again

• Stayed November 2013

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

In terms of the accommodation itself, this is a lovely place to stay. The twin rooms are huge with 2 double beds, a good size balcony, 2 fans, a fridge, tv and a decent sized bathroom with hot water shower. Very clean and the friendly staff make up your room and provide fresh water on a daily basis. It is a fair way out of town, about a 15 min drive and because of this the setting is very peaceful, apart from the rooster that crows at 4:30 am!

But in saying all that, I couldn't agree more with drtrekker_13 in her review - see her review for details but in short, there is a beautiful dog there that is kept in a cage and as far as I know, never let out of that cage unless the owner is around (I'm not sure when the owner is around but the dog wasn't let out in the 5 days that I stayed at In Pai). I was told that the dog is too friendly and jumps on people and that is why it is kept in the cage. This is extremely cruel and was really disappointing to see. I understand that a dog jumping on you can be uncomfortable and scary if you don't like dogs, but keeping this dog on a lengthy chain so it can still run around and interact with other dogs and people that want to interact with it would be a much better option as there is plenty of space on the property. As a plea to the owner of In Pai, please release your dog and give him a better life!

Room Tip: The further away you are from the entrance of this Resort, the closer you will be to the crowing roo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank deedub85
InPaiRes0rt, เจ้าของธุรกิจ at In Pai Resort, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you very much for your value comment deedub85. I am owner of In Pai Resort. Now my dog was kept in long chain already. I love my dog very much. About your comment , I feel very happy that you understand me and Thank you very much for you explanation.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at the In Pai Resort for 5 nights as a part of a wonderful Yoga Retreat. It is clean, quiet (as very far out of town) and has stunning views of the mountains. However, the one thing that made it a stay that I will not forget is a very negative one. The owner of the hotel has a big, friendly and very sweet white dog, (it must be a year or so old) and this dog is in a very very small cage in the parking lot of the hotel. Not once during the entire duration of the stay was this dog taken out (it can walk about 3 steps and sit in the cage) to go for a walk, not once was the water (which is in a big flower pot type thing) replenished by the staff. It is heartbreaking and infuriating to see. On numerous occasions I asked the man at the reception to take the dog out, and all he did was laugh, carry on smoking his cigarette and playing with his phone. When I asked if the dog ever comes out of the cage he said no, it did not, only when the owner of the hotel was there, sometimes. I don't want to put down the guy at the reception, he was perfectly lovely in other respects. However, if you are twiddling your thumbs all day (there were fifteen guests staying at the hotel at the time, and all of us were at the yoga retreat from 7:00 to 21:00-so it's not like the staff of the In Pai Resort was taking care of guests all day) the I feel it shouldn't be too much trouble to take the dog for a walk so it can stretch its legs. I hope this review reaches the owner of the In Pai Resort. I would like to say that I cannot recommend a hotel in which the staff and owner so blatantly display cruelty and indifference to animals. Please build this poor creature a dog run, you have enough space on your property. I am not the only guest who was very disturbed by this display of indifference.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank drtrekker_13
Thank you very much drtrekker for your value comment. I am owner of In Pai Resort. Let me explain about my dog. His name is MuMu, white young dog (1 yr). He is a child, like to play and jump to everyone and everytime, that 's why he was in his cage. Because not everyone like dog, someone allergy dog hair, someone fear. He got free run when you went to yoga class and keep in cage before you come back to resort. I afraid that he can disturb you. You can trust me that I want my dog free run. I love my dog very much. Now I chain my dog with long chain, he was not in cage. Thank you very much for your comment.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed in this place for 5 nights. It is not too close to town, you would have to drive there but if you want to relax and unwind with a great view then this is a great place. The family that run it are very sweet and really helpful. The bungalow I stayed in was clean and had space, nice balcony also to sit and watch the mountain.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo