“Value for money budget accommodation located in town”
Review of Charlie's House

Charlie's House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pai
Charlie's House
Ranked #102 of 167 Pai B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Value for money budget accommodation located in town”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

If you're not fussed for staying in a bamboo hut by the river then Charlie's House will suit fine. Our double room with fan and en suite was 300 bhat per night, which was some 200 bhat cheaper than any riverside properties we enquired about. We turned up in Pai with nowhere booked and found Charlie's House less than 50 metres from the market area where the minibus dropped us. Our room could've been cleaned a bit better, with some cobwebs around the ceiling (but no big spiders!) and hanging from the fan when we turned it on, but overall the standard was good. The mosquito nets on all the windows were good. The property is conveniently right across from a 7 Eleven and is right at the outer reaches of the night market. It is also well located on the main street in town so good for accessing the afternoon market too (although Pai itself is tiny and everywhere is walkable). Staff were helpful and friendly enough, if not the most communicative. There was strong and fast WiFi in our room (fast enough for Skype video calling with a clear picture and sound). Good value for money.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aldolara

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We chose Charlies House from Lonely Plante.

We did not reserve in advance and upon our arrival they only had the more expensive rooms.
As those were out of our budget the owner kindly let us sleep by ourselves (we were 3) in a 5 bed from at 100 baht per person. This was our cheapest stay in whole thailand, the rooms were VERY simple but clean and the guesthouse is located in the center of Pai, which means we did not have to walk far.

Definately a good option for low-budget travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

They offered me a double room (shared bathroom) for 150 Baht per night and i assumed this was very cheap during the peak season. Though, i moved to another guest house on the next day.

Pros:
Within 5mins walk from AYA service. Although it is on the night market street, you will not face noise disturbance and they will close the gate at night. Food stalls are just near and open quite early in the morning. some stone tables and chairs are available at outside the room and suitable for guests to hang around or may be drinks.

Cons:
The room was simple equipped but with smell. Blood stain was found on bed sheet and spider web was in most corner. Wifi did not work during my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Choonhong C
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I have often looked for this place so I could tell others the tale of woe I had here but only now have I found it. I stayed here 3 years ago but feel I should mention what happened as I know it is still run by the same crooks.

It was my first visit to Thailand and I was a little wet behind the ears. I hired a motorcycle from them the first day and leaving my large back-pack in the room went for a short 1 hour drive the morning after I had checked in. In my backback right at the bottom and hidden in some dirty laundry I left my wallet with 3000 danish krona ($550) when i went to get it after coming back it was gone, I told them and they maintained no one had been in the room for about an hour, finally I blew up and pointed to the ashtray which had been full and was now empty, they then changed the story and said the cleaner had been in but, (this made me laugh) she was a hilltribe woman who had no ID so could not have changed the money, at the time I was foolish enough to think that getting the tourist police would help, when they came they just confirmed the cleaner no I.D rubbish and said nothing could be done, all the while the owner stood smirking as if to say ha-ha there is nothing you can do, I checked out with a two finger salute, 3000 kr worse of.

Avoid and tell other's to do likewise.

Room Tip: none of them are safe, they steal.