“Best decision I ever made”
Review of Common Grounds Pai

Common Grounds Pai
Ranked #4 of 176 Speciality Lodging in Pai
Sydney, Australia
“Best decision I ever made”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Coolest hostel i've stayed at during my travels. It's located right in the heart of Pai and has a really chilled out easy going vibe. If you're looking for luxury or quiet at night, you probably won't find it here. If you're travelling by yourself or in a small group and want to meet some amazing people and have some of the best times in Thailand, stay here. It's not a party hostel but it's a hostel where people like to have fun. I made more friends than I could count and had some great experiences. Don't be surprised if you end up extending your stay by a few days or even a week.

Room Tip: Stay in the dorms and meet some awesome people.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mal-027

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Pai itself is an amazing place but it was only made better because if this hostel, I travelled alone and immediately got chatting to people in the communal area as everyone especially the staff were so friendly and helpful! Staff also planned drinking games and nights out so always stuff going on and there was a great atmosphere all round here! If I ever venture back to Pai I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, especially seeing as it's a 2 min walk from the Main Street and bus pick up/drop off point! Pai was one of my trip highlights :) thanks Common Grounds!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Piero S
Birmingham
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at common grounds for only one night and were looking forward to our stay based on the excellent trip advisor reviews. We stayed in a 4bed a/c dorm which consisted of two bunk beds and were not very private. The room was not clean with dirty floors throughout the room and bathroom. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable with no storage space for bags. We payed 200baht each for the night, and although we did not expect luxury we thought it would be reasonable for the room at least to be cleaned which it clearly had not been for a long time. We have stayed in other hostels of the same price bracket which were much cleaner and more pleasant. This was by far the worst place we stayed during our trip to Thailand and we would not recommend staying at common grounds.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at common grounds for 3 nights and had one of the best hostel experiences of my whole time travelling. The staff were great and made the place very communal with activities at night. Met some great people here as the hostel is made very social from the drinking games the staff play and get everyone involved. Would defiantly recommend this place when in pai.

• Stayed July 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Really fab place. Great staff and people. Great atmosphere, really chilled out. Air con rooms. Really nice place to hang out outside to chill. Best location in town. Would go back, no question! Great value too. Made my stay in Pai!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank BMD2014
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stumbled across Common Ground by chance when I arrived in Pai the first time. I stayed 1 night then immediately changed my plans to return a few days later to give it a proper chance as I knew I had found somewhere special. After having visited most countries in South East Asia over a period of a year I have seen many hostels and this one is top of my list. I ended up staying here 3 times for a total of about 6 weeks and found it very difficult to leave. The common area is relaxed and promotes socialising which as a solo traveller is really important to me. Pai is such a fantastic place and has such a happy vibe about it and Common Grounds really captured that for me. The owners and staff are really friendly and as someone who stayed a long time you can’t help but get to know everyone. The rooms are nice and most have air conditioning and even when staying in the ones without I found I was quite happy at night with just a fan, even in the hotter season. It is quite a rural setting so don’t expect 5 star luxury but then this is the north of Thailand not Australia or any other developed country. Great value and great location right in the middle of town. If you want a comfortable and friendly place to chill between day/night time activities then this is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris N
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Everyone who goes to Pai always seem to extend their trip by one or two nights, its that sort of place- the main reason for us to do that was the great staff and guests at Common Grounds. The perfect location - having arrived off the minibus of curves you can stagger two hundred meters and you have arrived at a really chilled out, fun hostel that always has someone to chat to, a few hammocks and some great music. I loved it so much i am on my way back three weeks later!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends