Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
StayForLong
eDreamsUS$17
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We paid 450 baht (about £9 or $10), for this we got:
+ A very large, clean room with soulless, but quite acceptable, standards of decore and comfort.
+ A large, clean bathroom with a great shower (the only one in our whole trip so far which has been always reliably hot).
+ Fridge and two bottles of water each day.
+ TV with 3 English speaking channels.
+ Reliable, fast wifi.
+ Breakfast (OK, it wasn't great, but coffee was plentiful).

The price paid puts this place well into the budget range, its cheap even for Thailand. I think anyone reviewing this place too negatively has really misunderstood what they are buying.

There are some possible negatives to consider; if they are an issue for you, inspect the room first and ask for a different one or just pick somewhere upmarket:
- The walls are thin and the air con is a bit loud. I am a light sleeper and managed fine, but I can see that if other guests were very inconsiderate this could be a problem.
- Furniture etc has seen better days.
- We had a few ants on our bed at one point, not sure why and the problem didn't reoccur.
- Staff don't speak great English. You won't do well for stuff like travel advice; but for most things if you ask for what you want, point and mime a lot you should be fine.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattfromlancs
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This place is dead cheap.. less than 10 euro a night.

Decor is dated but the rooms are extremely clean. There is hot water, good location and a double bed.. There is also good quality wifi in the rooms at no extra cost. If people expect more than this then pay 1000 baht a night for one of the better equipped hotels.

As a budget traveller I can say this place is well maintained and for the price is surprisingly clean. There is plenty of CCTV so seems quite secure.

As for previous complaints about staff not speaking english: Phitsanulok is not a tourist town. You are in thailand learn enough of the language to get what you need from the staff. I had no problem finding out where the bus station was with some broken thai, broken english and a bit of pointing. Its disappointing to see people expecting so much from a place that costs so little.

At 250 baht per night all you should expect is a clean room with basic facilities. If this is what you want then this is a great place to stay.

Room tip: Id say the road side rooms could be bit noisy so get the inside rooms
Date of stay: July 2012
4  Thank Wreckedtangle
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I've stayed at Litai on three occasions, and would go back again. It is spotlessly clean, situated in the middle of town (just steps away from the clock tower), large bathroom with good hot water, and comfortable beds. I did not experience the noise that other reviewers complain about. Breakfast in the coffee shop downstairs was adequate - choice of 7 or 8 dishes. And there is ample off-street parking for those who drive there. All in all, it was good value for the twin-bed room, and breakfast for two.

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank Fwheby
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We arrived in Phitsanulok before midnight with no arranged accomodation and a tuktuk driver offered us to take here. We tried. When we arrived, the man was waiting in front of the guesthouse. Didn't even say Hello and show us rooms with pictures in an album. The room we picked was okay, clean. Although we saw small ants on the floor and a cantipede. It was okay for one night, but I wouldn't stay there for a longer period of time. It lacked an atmosphere.

Date of stay: February 2012
3  Thank miracky
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I got stuck in Phitsanulok after my 5 hour train ride was 5.5hours late causing me to miss the bus to Kamphaeng Phet. Armed only with the incredibly unreliable (digital copy of) Lonely Planet as my guide I ended up at LiThai. Indifferent staff I don't mind, but the guys on the desk were just rude. The main guy slapped open a book with pictures of rooms (no hi no thing) and tried to sell me on an A/C room. I don't use A/C if I can help it, not at home and not here, so I chose a fan room, which I guess meant I was cheap because after asking me for the thrid time if I didn't want the A/C room for 100 baht more he just slammed the book closed took it off the counter filled out my paperwork and gave me the first room at the top of the first flight of stairs. No windows except for the small slatted, screened ones at the top of the wall, perfect for keeping most mosquitoes out but letting all the noise in. The hotel is concrete, the stairs concrete, everything designed to filter the noise from the top of the hotel to the bottom and yes, past my room. Kids screaming and stomping upstairs, people talking and some lady who I think worked there (i'm not sure why she was standing on the door in some type of uniform) yelling at a cooworker from the first floor to another floor. The room itself was fine. Clean, except my sheets were stained. The towels come wrapped in plastic, weird but sanitary I suppose, and glass in paper. To be fair, if the room was located somewhere else it may not have been to bad (minus the sheets). I just needed a base and a bed so for that it did the job. It was close to the night market and Tesco so food, water, and beer were right on hand. The bed turned out to be quite uncomfortable and in the morning someone tried to get into my bedroom using the key (fortunately I had the bolt on). After he couldn't get in he yelled to the guy downstairs then I heard him go back downstairs.

If you're stuck for a night in Phitsanulok this is an option but really, there are so many other guesthouses around I have to believe there are better and equally affordable options out there.

Date of stay: January 2012