“Cheap option, great location. Good enough for 1 night!”
Review of LiThai Guesthouse

LiThai Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 31 Phitsanulok B&B and Inns
Papeete, French Polynesia
“Cheap option, great location. Good enough for 1 night!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed for 1 night in a fan room.
Reception is far from welcoming so don't expect a super attentive personnel.
You go up the stairs to the 2nd, or 3rd floor. Room is clean with an old TV, fan, desk and chair. The toilet is in the middle of the bathroom (would like to meet the architect!) so not practical at all. No breakfast for the fan room.
Location: walking distance from the train station (less than 5 minutes) and the main temples are a little bit further (20 min walk).
Paid 300B. So for this price, it's OK. Only for 1 night!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
London, UK
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights, turning up without a booking. I paid THB 400 a night for a single room with en-suite bathroom and air-conditioning. The room was a decent size, extremely clean, the white floor and white sheets gave it a slightly hospital-ish quality, so it wasn't exactly cosy, but the bed was comfortable and there was even a small table and chair. The wifi worked extremely well, as did the air conditioning.

The location is very good, handy for the train station and walkable for the main attractions of the town (Wat Mahathat and the folklore museum) and the bus stop for Sukhothai (no need to go out to the bus terminal).

I don't think even someone more sociable than me would meet anyone here - it feels much more like a hotel than something I'd associate with the term "guest house". That isn't a complaint, just an observation.

While not the cosiest or most charming place I've stayed in Thailand, it was comfortable and extremely good value and I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Songkhla, Thailand
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Located only a couple of minutes walk from the train station, this hotel remains convenient and spotless. It is a big hotel and lacks in character but don't let that put you off! It has nice clean quiet rooms for a 'steal'.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is not a review of the hotel itself as I did not stay there. I was forced to leave as the two male members of staff on reception were so rude.

I booked the room prior to arriving by phoning up their call centre and they confirmed a room at 200 baht, fan, single person. I questioned the price at the time and was assured it was 200 baht.

When I got there, they confirmed the booking, pointed to a sheet of paper and told me that the price was 350. When I questioned this they told me to go.

I walked down the street opposite, turned left and stayed in the London Hotel for 100 baht per night which was clean and the people were polite.

The owners and managers at LiThai really need to have a long hard think if this is really the way to run their business.

Room Tip: Walk away and find somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank 10_Downing_St

Travellers are raving about these Phitsanulok hotels

Padangbai, Indonesia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here 1 night and moved on to a better hotel.
My room are was tiny, not small but tiny. Dirty bathroom, grey/brown sheets. Yuck! Given the price I paid I cannot recommend this hotel at all.
The appalling breakfast was served by surly, disdainful staff who regarded you as a nuisance because you want breakfast.
I am trying to think of something positive to say about this dive but words fail me.
Ok its only saving grace is the superb coffee shop at the front of the building.
Avoid! You can do better

Room Tip: Don't ... just don't!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hilterfingen, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Lithai guesthouse is centrally located in a busy street with lots a small shops, more or less right in the middle between the train station and the night market. I had not booked beforehand. When I walked in I was shown some pictures of the rooms which were available. They had different prices. I chose the cheapest one. There is a restaurant offering steaks in the guesthouse which I did not try (who needs a steak when there is thai food?).

My room was small. The bed seemed to be clean but some parts of the sheets were a bit brownish. This bothered me the first night. But (I stayed 3 nights) the next 2 days the sheets were changed every day. The staff vakuumed the room every day, cleaned the bathroom and gave me new towels. That surprised me. In the floor there are chairs where you can meet other travellers. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
gausdal
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We went to LiThai Guesthouse when we arrived in Phitsanulok. It is an ok guesthouse but it is too expensive. Come on, it is a GUESTHOUSE.
The next day we walked around and we found many hotels with much better deals than LiThai. We paid 580 tbh for a double room with AC, but we found nicer rooms for 300 tbh (still with AC) in other hotels. Guess somebody knows they are in the Lonely Planet guide...

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple