“Delightful and Charming”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Kairouan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Dar Abderrahman Zarrouk is a delightful, charing and beautiful historical house lovingly restored. It would not disappoint expectations for a special dinner. The owners are a lovely family, and go well beyond the call of duty, helping to find my lost mobile phone across the city.
The food is delicious a great place to taste regional cuisine as well as Tunisian national dishes. If you are lucky enough to go in Ramadan for Iftar, as we were, the meal is tremendous.

1  Thank Julian W

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I visted this restaurant which is situated in the heart of the old town I was fascinated by the traditional architecture and the luxiours atmosphere I felt like I m in a castle I tried the kairounese food which was amazing and the customer service was excellent I advise all the vistors to not loose the chance to discover the delicious meals ( nefissa)

1  Thank Mohamed D
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A very good restaurant where we can eat traditional tunisian food and especially kairouan food, I advise you to visit it the atmosphere was perfect and meals too :D

1  Thank Emna C
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were welcomed by the owner and his wife who gave us a tour of this splendiferous historial house. We had fish couscous, a trio of salads and chicken with almonds, apricots and dates which had a wonderful flavour. The waiters had beautiful uniforms. Would highly recommend as best option by far in this otherwise non-gourmandisers town.

1  Thank MlocBrown
Reviewed 17 January 2014

no tourists in January 2014 which is a great shame, but we were still royally received and dined. Starters of a higher order than elsewhere and some new dishes also not found at other restos in Tunisia. No alcohol. Relatively pricey for Tunisia but worth it.

3  Thank nathanwaks