“Excellent!”
Review of Amelia Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bukhara
Amelia Hotel
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Bukhara
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I decided to review about this charming hotel after having seen reviews from those who even couldn't stay here.

This is a boutique hotel with nice, cozy rooms. We stayed at Amelia November 2013 for 5 days. The rooms were clean, warm, good size and comfortable. The staff were super nice and helpful. The included breakfast was very good with lots of options. The hotel is centrally located so you have easy access to points of interest.

We have enjoyed our stay indeed, it was relaxed and the friendly staff were always on top. I found all facilities excellent, I believe the hotel is ideal for individuals, couples, families and business travellers.

Oh, and must mention the dining room - amazing

We recommend this place very much

Room Tip: Each room has individual chararacter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicoline B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

It feels like some of the other reviewers went to a different hotel! I was disappointed. The location of the hotel is good - central but quiet - and the rooms are OK - large, most with bath/shower (although pretty kitsch). But the hotel overall is about as charming as a building site and it doesn't smell too good. I went in mid-January (very low season) but the room rates felt pretty "peak season". The manager speaks good English and is superficially charming, but when I switched hotels to the Amulet, he strode over and started hassling the lady who runs it for 'stealing his customer'. Not cool, dude! This place will always be popular as it seems to be the default option for travelers passing though. I'd suggest checking out some other places before deciding to stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank stevlander
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

First of all, it was not easy to book with Amelia as it is certainly one of the most popular hotels in Bukhara. I tried to book this hotel as far back as four months in advance but without success but they did promise to come back to me if a room becomes available. They are fast and responsive to email queries.

Amelia did come back to me two months later and booking was subsequently secured.

Note: during the two months prior to Amelia booking, I did tried to book with other hotels through the internet but I gotten no response at all. This is quite frustrating and makes you wonder why they bother to advertise their email address or website.

This is a good start for an establishment that differentiate themselves by making an effort to respond to all queries promptly from all potential customers. This is what customer service all about.

I decided on this hotel based on the numerous positive reviews from TA.

The court yard and the lounge were fantastic and beautiful. Room was very nice decorated.

Amelia actually consists of two wings connected by a wooden walk bridge that span across the street below.

Tea is complimentary and it is nice to sit by the lounge/court yard enjoying a cup of tea.

Breakfast is quite good, one of the best I had in Uzbekistan.

The location is just few minutes walk from the “central” of Bukhara tourist sights. It is walking distance to all the major sights (except for a few that is located outside of Bukhara).

My complaint: The drainage in my shower cubicle is not draining well.

5 Thank hwt61
Le Tignet, France
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It's hard to fault this lovely little hotel in a restored 18th century house is set just off one on the main streets of Bukhara and therefore within walking distance of the major sites. Unusually, the hotel really does have a special atmosphere. Rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms equally so. Breakfast, which is taken in a beautiful breakfast room with many original 18th century artefacts, is outstanding with ample portions of everything one could wish for. The friendly, helpful owner and his staff who speak quite good English go out of their way to be helpful. (I'd forgotten some important papers in my previous hotel in Samarkand over 4 hours drive away but somehow the owner of the Amelia organised for them to be brought to me at his hotel in Bukhara the following day). Strongly recommended.

5 Thank Peter S
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 31 October 2013

anytime I staying there is a pleasure.
Thanks to Bakhodir and his team. I hope I will come back in future to see this beautiful paintings and lovely house!!!!
the dining room is an historic room from the owner of the house in further times. everything is very kind and smart. and in winter the heat is working!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank Nadine203
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I have chosen this hotel given "Our pick" and good review in Lonely Planet 2010. This was a short side trip from my business travel to Tashkent, and so I decided to go to Bukhara for two days at the very last moment. The hotel was almost sold out, but both Bakhroudur and other staff have been very professional and helpful trying to find a room for me for the two nights I needed so that I do not have to over pay for a larger/more expensive suite being a solo traveler. The staff has also been very helpful to help me with other practical maters such as concert tickets.

The regular room I stayed (number 1 I believe, on the first floor next to reception) was wonderful. Tastefully decorated, excellent bedding/linens, good airco, nice desk and fast internet for me to wrap up some of my work from my business trip while enjoying free offered tea. And this was just a regular room, I can only imagine what a suite would be.

Breakfast deserve a separate paragraph. The breakfast room must be the best conserved part of this 18th century Jewish house, so you are dining among real treasuries. The breakfast itself is a trully FULL breakfast with attentive staff asking for a made-to-order eggs, porridge and other meals, in addition to breads, meat pastries, cheeses, yogurt, jam, fruits. Definitely budget good time to have this breakfasts not in rush to both enjoy the room view and an good breakfast to start your day.

Location is great next to Lyabi-Hauz so all sightseeing can be done by walking.

I would definitely want to stay here again!!

6 Thank Andrei_Sh
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife was greeted with a very warm “Senorita, Happy Birthday” and a lovely piece of cake by the amazing host Bakhodir! Honestly, leave all the history stuff aside, the REAL reason why we traveled to Uzbekistan was just to stay at Amelia ;) ! This is an 18th century house of a Jewish merchant, that has now been converted into a boutique hotel. Each of the 12 odd rooms have been carefully and tastefully given individual themes and all of the interior work has been done by hands!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple