“Clean room good price”

Huy Hoang Hotel
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Can Tho
“Clean room good price”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights at 280000 dong a night. The room was very clean, white sheets and white towels. Flat screen tv, fridge and ac so good value. I found the staff on reception friendly and their english was ok. They have cheaper rooms available without a window or more expensive ones with a balcony.
However I would not reccomend doing any trip through them with Mekong Delta Tours. We did a boat trip to the floating markets which was ok but our "English" speaking guide was difficult to understand. We also booked a trip to Vinh Long to sight see along the journey and then stay in a home stay. The guide had dreadful English but the home stay was appauling and I refused to stay there. As I had only paid for half the trip and the remaining half was to be paid to the home stay I did not pay and took the ferry back to Vihn Long. This is no reflection on Huy Hoang hotel and look forward to returning to Can Tho and staying here again as its good value for money.

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Vietnamese first
paris
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there three nights in february 2014.
You get what you can expect from a 15$ per night bedroom.
Meaning the breakfast is frugal, strict minimum furniture in the BDR, and the staff expects you to use one of their "guides".
We chose to make a tour on a private boat with one of them, the "guide" didn't know anything pertinent about the city and the trip was too short for the money he asked, so I claimed he showed us more attractions, which he did, but he ruined the whole thing.
The day after, our "guide" served breakfast, cleaned the meeting hall and was also the receptionist.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fabmeh

Travellers are raving about these Can Tho hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Like most people who stay here, this hotel was included in with 475,000VND (About $25) 2 day 1 night Mekong Delta tour by An Travel (or another reseller eg. Lac Hong Tours) or the 2D1N tour by TNK Travel. The hotel is plain but clean and bright. Bed is a little hard, shower head is weak BUT fine for the one night stay and seeing how the two day tour is only 475,000, it’s a great value.

Wifi didn't work. There is no elevator... luckily, I was on the second floor. Free breakfast was mediocure to poor but edible. Good vietnamese coffee though.

The restaurant next door is mediocre to poor but inexpensive, English-friendly and convenient. I walked to a nearby Com Tam broken rice shop that was much more traditional and tastier. Exit the hotel and turn left, walk until the next street/intersection, cross and turn left. Look for the sign. You should see it right away. It’s about 3 minutes away. Be warned, the menu is only in Vietnamese and without a price. We paid only about 40,000VND for each rice dish including cold tea but we speak/read Vietnamese.

Room Tip: No elevators... so pick a room on the lower levels.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank k-existence
South Africa
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This place has basic and quite old rooms, although they are clean, at least.

It's cheap and in a good location in the centre of town. However, the place lacks any charm and there is no elevator of baggage staff, which makes checking in on the 3rd or 4th floors a real pain (literally).

It does have free wifi but it oly works intermittently.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hanoi
Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Merry Christmast 2013 one night before visiting to the Chau Doc by TNK tour. The hotel is old but cleaned and fast connect internet, for me, that's ok. However, the staff is not good because when i need some support from him, he always ask me about tip. I hate that, one of them, not all. But, i think with 13 usd for 2people 1 night, it is suitable price

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
London
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is similar to many iv stayed in at the lower end price bracket in Vietnam the room was basic but clean the bed was ok but small hard pillows and woken before 5am by the obligatory cockerel.

What was well below average was the staff, I don't speak Vietnamese but try my best with hellos and thank yous however don't expect the same back in any language, actually don't even expect a smile.

I would never recommend staying here it was part of a tour.

Had I walked into this hotel to the hostile welcome travelling independently I'd have walked straight back out.

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Hotel visited through TNK Travel.
Our room was not nice but clean and with tv and ht water. Laundry was cheap and fast.
But we wanted to book bus tickets to Chau Doc and a guy pushed us to book with him. His price was twice what we eventually get from another hotel who took no comission (saigon can tho hotel).
I don t like to be considered as a walking ATM since I am not. That s why I rate it with a 2.
Poor breakfast also.