Grand Hotel
US$64
Priceline
Green Hotel(Vung Tau)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmade to order eggsvietnam waraustralian soldiersr rexcellent locationclean beachfacing the seaa great staynice poolwould stay here againbreakfast buffetaussies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013, the rooms were large and very well appointed, comfortable beds and a nice bathroom. We booked on Bookings.com, a pool view room, I realised shortly after checking in that it had no pool view, the staff apologise, showed me a pool view room, which I did not like so much as the one we had checked into, so offered a free full body massage for all 3 of us! together with a complimentary drink at the bar, I thought that was very decent of them. They were helpful and very friendly throughout out 5 day stay. The breakfast was the best of our holiday, offering German, Dutch, English and Asian breakfast, so much choice, lovely coffee and again the staff were brilliant. I would stay again where in Vung Tau.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front had noise from the Club across the road, it didnt bother me, but it may be an issue with some.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 356lynn1953
Reviewed 4 December 2013

All things considered, the hotel is quite reasonable.

Personally, I love the older colonial type buildings with the high ceilings, wide doors and wood everywhere and that's what this hotel offers.

I was in a balcony room overlooking the front courtyard. Sure, music can be heard some evenings but it had always stopped by 2300 hours so unless you got to bed particularly early, it's no drama.

My room was very spacious with two beds (one double, one single), two wardrobes, two small loungers, and a tidy work/letter desk (although the power socket I used for my laptop was a bit ropey). The air con was up to the job.

The bathroom, while more than adequate, was a bit run down and in dire need of a make over.

Breakfast is a mixed bag. The chef knocks up a mean omelette, which I had every morning without fail, but what rather annoyed me was the milk for cereals was always room temperature. I had to put ice on my wheaties. Not a big deal for some but for me, cereal with warm milk is disgusting.

I never ate in the hotel in the evenings as there are plenty of places a short walk away.

The hotel is in a decent location, less than ten minutes walk to the ferry. Just be careful of the scooters when crossing the road, bloody things come at you from all directions!

Room Tip: Rooms on the main road can be a bit noisy during the day but quieten down considerably at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel with a large group of travellers. The rooms vary from musty and dark (in the old part of the hotel) to large & spacious apartments in the new part. The bathrooms all looked a little run down and in need of renovation (even in the newer part). The pool area is great, and the location was perfect for our needs. Request a room in the new part of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LisaCummins
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very gracious, old fashioned hotel.
We stayed here only one night - was given a city view room and requested an upgrade to sea view room which they did without any hesitation (at an additional cost) Unfortunately ours did not have a table and chairs on the deck, maybe just an oversight.
Staff very friendly and polite. Breakfast fantastic.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms are the best with little balconies
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the hotel, room was upgraded to 1 room apartment, huge and spacious. Bed was comfortable and wifi is free. Very good wifi connection everywhere in the hotel. Room service is good, you will get your food within 15 mins, try thier grilled salmon, its tasty. The hotel is right infront of the beach and you will have many bars and restaurant along the streets. There is Ali Baba restaurant serving halal food for muslims. The hotel is very close to the hydrofoil station which is just 5 mins away. i was very impressed with the bell boy that served me, he is very professional. The problem with the hotel is, they do not have iron in the room and you need to send it to the laundry for ironing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business