“Not my favorite hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 70 Hotels in Vung Tau
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Not my favorite hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is quiet pricy compare with all 5stars hotels I stayed in Vietnam. when we check in, the front and lobby was so beautiful. However, the service was not very good. we have to carry our bags to rooms. They did not tell us that there are 2 beautiful swimming in this hotel. The equipments are nice, look old but too complicated to use. The curtin of our bath room was spoiled so that we had to cover it all the time.
Internet is horrible for 5stars hotel. My friend and I had to bring laptop to lobby for internet. At late of that night, I call from my room to front desk to complain about wifi. They said that IT is off and would fix next morning but no one fix at all.
The last thing I dont like at this hotel is the spa. Staff is nice and good but the room was not quiet. I heard the water pour and noise from other room. Could not relax.
In conlusion, the hotel is very beautiful but they need to upgrade small things to make it great.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vothibaovi
Lan N, Director of Operations at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear BaoVi,

Thank you for taking your time to have shared your stay experience at The IMPERIAL Hotel during your last visit. Please rest assured that your note has been seriously address to all heads of departments for necessary plan to refresh training to the team on service delivery to maintain five star standard. I do apology for any inconvenience caused due to our service did not meet your expectation.

I would like to avail myself to facilitate your future bookings to gain your trust towards The IMPERIAL brand. Kindly drop me a line when you have plan to Vung Tau in recent future.

Best regards,

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in Oct, although I thought we wouldn't get here after a rough ride on the hydro foil. You can tell this is a 5 star hotel from the second you enter the lobby. It's very posh, maybe too posh for what I'm used to. Staff were always there to greet you and taxis are always available. The rooms were spacious and the turn down service was awesome, although somewhat pointless, but then again, coming in drunk to be greeted with fresh cookies was pretty cool. We used the pool most days in the hotel and not the beach side pool. The pool was very quiet and I had it to myself pretty much everytime I used it. Super nice hotel and the only 5 star hotel in Vung Tau, would definitely go back too and Vung Tau is a beautiful place. I'll upload some photos at a later date

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Robblps,

Thank you very much for having chosen The IMPERIAL Hotel as preferred accommodation during your last vacation in Vung Tau. Your positive comment experienced throughout the stay with us has been shared to the entire team for working much harder to maintain high score on guest's satisfaction. Please note for your next trip that our ferry representative can arrange complimentary transportation from ferry to the hotel upon request so you do not need to take a public taxi.

We hope to have you stay again in very near future at The IMPERIAL Hotel.

With kind regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

stayed at this hotel for one night. room size just ok. limited lights in hotel and it makes u feel haunted(well I did hv a nightmare at night)breakfast buffet just ok. need to turn on air con separately even u put in the room key. design not user friendly. not worth a visit

Stayed October 2013
Dear Minna1228,

We have received your comment sharing your experience on hotel design and facilities. I truly regret that the hotel architectural concept is not your favorable style. Your comment has been shared to our Chief Engineer - Mr. Tam Nguyen for his reference and any necessary action if possible.

Thank you for taking your time. We are looking for another chance to welcome you back to The IMPERIAL Hotel in future.

With my best regards,

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Beautiful. The pool, the beach, everything. The pool bar had great food and fun drinks. I so have to laugh, we thought it would be a great idea to do our best and try all of the fruity drinks one by one. A lot of them ended up looking the same, but all very tasty. Maybe the joke was on us. The beds are so comfortable.

Don't be worried when you take the hydrofoil ferry to Vung Tau, that a couple of guys want to help you with your luggage right when you get out of the cab. They truly do want to help you. The Vietnamese will do a lot for a dollar or two.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get a room with a seaside view. A partial view room is just that. A view of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lan N, Director of Operations at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Gekeler,

It is our great pleasure to have you stayed at The IMPERIAL Hotel during your recent visit to Vung Tau Beach City. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed our pool facilities especially our fruity and tasty drink.

Thank you for sharing nice experience to us and kindly note for your next trip that we have hospitality desk of The IMPERIAL at ferry station so we can arrange complimentary transportation to the hotel with safe and security.

We do hope to have chance to welcome you back to Vung Tau soon.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We booked this hotel as a bit of a respite from the very wonderful but totally chaotic Ho Chi Min City. The rooms were lovely with huge beds and ornate bathroom. The rooms had nice little touches like fresh fruit and cookies.

The swimming pool was beautiful with shaded area's and plunge pools. The dim sum at the hotels Chinese restaurant was great and the breakfast was awesome- an enormous choice.

The staff really make the hotel special though. It was my birthday during my stay and the reception staff spotted one of my birthday presents and sent a gorgeous birthday cake to my room. It really did make my day.
I'd recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and really hope to go back one day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lan N, Director of Operations at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Suzie376,

Thank you for having chosen The IMPERIAL Hotel Vung Tau to celebrate your birthday with your family and your nice wordings on our services and facilities especially on our Shifu Chinese Bistro amd Swimming Pool. Your feedback is very important to help us keep track on our service delivery.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The IMPERIAL for another celebration.

With our best regards,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Imperial hotel in Vung Tau is a beautiful hotel and is opposite the beach about 8 minutes out of centeral Vung Tau. With beautiful decor, lovely pool, and a couple of nice bars as well as a premises accross the road on the beach with food and evening entertainment it was an enjoyable 5 days our tour group spent here. Staff are polite, helpful and as is the norm in Vietnam anxious to converse and learn different languages. Breakfast is solid and plentiful with a good selection. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Shopping centre ajoining hotel will save you a lot of your shopping problems small, cheap and has a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear John B,

Thank you for your kind note to The IMPERIAL Hotel. It is our great pleasure to know that you have had a lovely time at Vung Tau city with The IMPERIAL services and facilities. Your positive comment has been shared to the hotel team to keep up the good work and to maintain our service standard.

We look forward to welcome you back to Vung Tau for another holiday soon.

Our warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 days one night in a superior room which is large, well equipped, gorgeous and new. I love the bed most it's a king size bed and super comfy. The room has everything you need for a short stay. The bathroom's really nice, clean, and two kinds mirror one of them is make up mirror which girls really wanna have. The outside swimming pool is super nice. It's so sparkling at night. The pool near the beach is so gorgeous. They have all kinds of pool which is good for family and children. The buffet is large, variety of many kind of food. The food is fresh and ok. The location is good. Right next to a
Big mall. I love to come back here if I have a chance!!!! One
More important thing the view
Of the hotel is spectacular!!!! Like a huge luxury palace :)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lan N, Director of Operations at The Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Dear LotusDinh,

Thank you very much for your positive comment on The IMPERIAL services and facilities. We are delighted to know that you and your family have had a lovely stay with us. Your note has been shared to our team which has helped to motivate and encourage them to aim higher and higher in service quality.

We are looking forward to serving you and your family again in not too long distant future.

Warm regards,