River Ray Estates Resort
Agoda.com
US$88
US$78
Agoda.com
The Wind Boutique Resort(Vung Tau)
US$63
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2013

If you want a truly relaxing holiday in a great natural environment, this is the place to go.
i stayed in "Mimosa", one of the "ancient" but very cleverly renovated houses on the hill, overlooking the Ray river and the South China sea.
Regarding the service and cuisine: i have only nice things to say. Staff tried their very best to make my stay there comfortable.
I will recommend River ray to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
11  Thank fritz G
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was very happy finding this resort. Right on the beach, nice swimmingpool and most of all, very friendly and helpfull staff. The villa was spacious and clean. Would defenately recommonend staying there.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Vanessa_vdo
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Most comments of previous commentator from Singapore are correct. All kinds of tiny guests were living with us. Gekkos, mosquitoes and other tiny creatures were daily guests. Electricity breaks were almost daily. Swimming pool is low and practically always dirty. They clean it daily, but wind carries sand to the tiny pool. Sea is warm, but waves are so high that most people do not swim in sea. Distance to nearest shops is several kilometres, and practically nearest proper supermarket is in Vung Tau which is around 50 kilometres from the resort. In their website, they mention their own restaurant. It has closed several years ago.

They offer decent but tasty breakfast. Apartments include proper kitchen with basic facilities. Quality of these facilities is only acceptable, but your kitchen is only place where you can prepare your food in this place without any restaurant close it.

For Western tourists, I recommend Ho Tram Resort which is around 6 kilometres from the resort. Its pools and restaurants are actively working. Only 500 metres from River Ray Estates, you find a new hotel called Petro. It is funny with its super big three swimming pools. I called it as a zombie hotel when it accommodates guests only short periods, and then it is absolutely empty hotel some days again.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Riku V
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A terrible experience... Before telling my story I'd like to say that I'm usually travelling in "back-packer" mode but this time it was suppoed to be a romantic trip and... It turned out to be a nightmare..
I booked this place on internet listening to some Vietnamese colleagues who told me that VungTau is a very nice place to spend a week on cose to Hoh Chi Mhin City. Indeed it is, but not in this place.
First, pictures are so different from reality: it's stucked between a dark river (polluted, stinky and full of mosquitos) and the sea which looks like the North sea back in Europe.
Then personal don't speak English and try their best to explain that your breakfast (included of course) will be one egg and and some local weird bread..
Regarding the accomodations, we were supposed to stay in the wooden chalets, lovely according to the pictures... But in reality these accomodations are in the middle of the forest and offer a very limited comfort, a Robinson construction really...
Fortunately (lucky us!) we got upgraded to the "appartment villas" which look very nice first. But at night, you have to welcome the numerous familty of cockroaches that are big as mices and go up to your room to wish you a good night.. Well, the view was nice, but once you were out of the villa!
Seriously, the only positive thing in this stay was that one of the owner was there (from Holland or UK apparently) but he didn't that much as he was aware of all this... So the message was clear... Have fun as you can but don't complain as I can't do nothing about it..
Vung Tau can (may) be a nice place, but don't waste your time and overall your money to go there, it's a joke. Again, I've been a back packer for years but this place doesn't worth this price, it's puerely robbery. Hope tjis helps, sincerely....
They're lucky I didn't take a picture of the all cockroaches I killed that night (x10).. i wish I could add this to my post.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jotapies
RIVERRAYRESORT, Public Relations Manager at River Ray Estates Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2012

As River Ray Resort Manager, we were most distressed to read a review of 9.26.2012 posted on TripAdvisor.
The reason for us to response late due to the fact that we had received TripAdvisor’s recommendation of our resort which made us felt that we were so honor. We have been doing just fine, after all we have our constant occupancy of 80-85%…Such confidence had let us down, we wish we read this review earlier…
Yes, we were all absolutely shocked. We already checked our record and see when our “unsatisfied customer” check in but found no trace or name. In fact on this date we were busy with a wedding and we had no rooms left on the beach villas. Should we really know the real name and date, we of course would apologize for whatever reason… Besides, I think the gentleman was more disoriented when described our resort in Vung Tau City. Actually, it is nearly an hour away, and located in HoTram area.

Remark about cockroaches as big as mice is absolutely unscientific. The person identified
me “ kind of UK person” who can not speak English ? As a UK and can not speak English ? Can anyone believe that ?

I am a Danish, and I do speak English too.

I would like to leave it for our guests to judge me and to judge our resort.

We would like to thank TripAdvisor for giving us a chance to view our response.

Per Laursen
General Manager of River Ray Estates Resort

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We enjoyed the wooden house with its rustic and charming. The house is over looking River Ray. Every late afternnon we had our fresh fish on the portable BBQ provided to us by the Manager.
We had a wonderful three days stay there. Thank you
*Wir hatten traumhafte Ferien im River Ray Resort "Lily House". Werden allen unseren Deutschen Freunden davon erzahlen! RIVER RAY RESORT: Number one!

Die Bonner mob.