“Great Place to Eat, Drink and catch up on some sport!”
Review of Tommys Sports Bar

Tommys Sports Bar
Ranked #12 of 142 Restaurants in Vung Tau
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Place to Eat, Drink and catch up on some sport!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent five days in Vung Tau and were really glad we found Glenn, Trang and their wonderful staff at Tommys3.
We met some wonderful people at this restaurant and as we were there over a weekend caught up with a couple of games of AFL, which was nice after four weeks of travelling around Vietnam. The food was great, again I was ready for a little westernisation, so enjoyed the hamburger. Hubby loved the sausages and mash.
The band that is there Friday and Saturday nights had great voices and were open to requests which was nice.
Glenn took us on a tour of Long Tan and was an abundance of information about the "American" War and the Australian troops involvement in this area. (Vung Tau being close to the area where most ANZAC's were stationed in Vietnam).
Trang was excellent in giving me advise on the best place in town for a manicure, pedicure etc. I am still raving about the hair wash and the 1hr head massage that came with it!
All in all a great place to relax, listen to some music, watch some sport and eat and drink at very reasonable prices. Definitely a place you can take the family, get a history lesson and meet some excellent people.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jenny P

• Finnish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Average food, average atmosphere, good service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I went into Tommy's with a friend at 6pm on a Sunday evening. Having read the reviews, I expected some sort of crowd but the place was empty. Halfway through our meal, some Russian women showed up, but other than that we didn't see any other customers.

We had a tandoori chicken sandwich, and the sesame pork cutlet with white sauce. The white sauce was a bit bland, but the consistency was good and the pork was tender. The sandwich was bland. I expected some spices, considering the name, but it was a pretty simple grilled chicken sandwich with veggies. The fried spring rolls were generous and well-priced, and came with a small dressed salad, which I appreciated. One appetizer, two mains, two beers and a fresh juice came to just under 20 USD (370k VND).

The server was timely, friendly, spoke English very well and took care of us well. All in all, I'm not unhappy with the place but I'll definitely be branching out and looking for other options.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Good atmosphere and great western food”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

There are a number of Tommy's sports Bars owned by an Australian Ex pat. We preferred the one called the Diggers Rest as it was only 100 metres from the Rex Hotel and there was more going on around it. Staff were fantastic.

Visited April 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Great Service, Friendly team”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I go to Tommy's each time I am in Vung Tau. The Owners Glenn and Trang are great people and always willing to help out and go that little bit extra. I was also there over the ANZAC weekend and the place was pumping yet things kept moving you never had to wait to long for a cool beer.
Tommy's 3 is one of the few bars in town where you can bring the family and not have them worried it is a girly bar. The food is always great (I recommend the fish and chips) and Glenn know about of war history. Each time I visit I learn something new, I have a few cold beers can watch the Rugby (go the Chiefs) and have a pleasant chat, the regulars are all great people also and have many experiences to pass on. You can enjoy the air-con in the sports bar or relax in the outdoor courtyard.
If your in the area, it's a must stop for a drink and information.

Thanks guys you make my days of that much more enjoyable.

• Visited April 2014
HCMC, Vietnam
“Quiet but enjoyable”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Went to Tommy 3 with the family and enjoyed dinner + drinks. The food was good. It was quiet but enjoyable. Service was excellent and a live band started playing shortly after 7.00 p.m. As we were leaving many more people were arriving, mostly families. Will be back when next in Vung Tau.

• Visited May 2014