“Great Tea - Coffee Okay”

Luwak Civet Coffee Farm
Book In Advance
More Info
US$17.00*
and up
Private Tour: Cultural and Historical Day Trip in Bali
Ranked #6 of 41 things to do in Kintamani
More attraction details
Owner description: Location: Sekardadi, Kintamani Bali,Indonesia. Just 5 minute before best view point of the Lake and Volcano Batur.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I definitely would not go out of my way to see this. I enjoyed sampling the various coffees and teas - Lemon Tea the best. My travel companion and I did share one cup of the $5 coffee. I did not think it was anything to rave about, but it has become a big thing in the Philippines also. We did buy three small bags of the coffee for friends as they had ask us to. I believe each bag was about $30 and I did not think it was worth that. I did not think the animals were abused. Yes, they are in cages, but so is my dog when I go out. I did not see any cages without water. I did not see any animals with gnawed limbs. I think some PETA members went wild on describing the conditions.

1  Thank tom1941

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Driver took us here for a 20 minutes stop.
Tasted some of the coffee. Samples are for free.
Owner took us through a tour on the farm. Seemed friendly.
Didn't try the expensive coffee though.

Bought some Bali Coffee from their little shop. 250.000 Indonesian.

1  Thank Backpacking_Eskimo
Reviewed 19 March 2014

It does seem 'cruel' to see the caged cats, however, if you can ignore that fact, -think how our other food is raised and kept- this isn't all that bad. Other than the few caged cats, the rest of the area is worth the visit. It costs nothing to wander through the 'nature trail' with many trees and plants labelled. We were met by a young guide who was very knowledgable on the flora and fauna. The trail is rough in spots, but not taxing. Different areas of coffee grinding and roasting are displayed. At the end is a very lovely coffee house, where you may buy the Civet Coffee OR just accept the complimentary selection of teas and coffee offered, along with a tasty spicy chip snack. The restaurant is overlooking a deep lush jungle valley with an optional lookout platform below the coffee house. The view alone is worth the stop AND IT IS FREE! Everywhere seems to charge, only a small amount mind you, but this stop is free and a welcome retreat out of the sun and into a lush nature trail complete with free food and drink.
It is more than worth the time to stop. Clean washrooms is a plus.
The shop is very expensive and limited.

2  Thank Teresa H
Reviewed 12 March 2014

The visit is quite short only 20 minutes. To see the different types of coffee beans and to watch them grind it is pretty cool. They gave us free samples of 4 different teas and two different coffees which tasted great. They showed you the Luwak and offered you a sample of the coffee for 40,000rph but we didn't try that. They have a little outdoor store where you can buy coffee and tea to take home but I found it to be a little expensive. If you're in the area stop by otherwise don't go out of your way to visit not worth that kind of trip.

1  Thank TravelsofCorina
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The coffee plantation my family & I went was OKA Agriculture Bali.
Overrated coffee, over-priced herbs & animal abuse!
Don't go!