Labersa Grand Hotel & Convention Center
US$35
Grand Suka Hotel(Pekanbaru)
US$24
US$23
Ayola First Point Hotel Pekanbaru(Pekanbaru)(Great Value!)
US$25
Hotels.com
US$41
US$40
  • Breakfast included
Red Planet Pekanbaru(Pekanbaru)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$29
US$28
US$32
US$27
Agoda.com
All reviewsgolf coursewater parkrain showercottagecityfoodsfacilitiescentreriauindonesia
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Best hotel in pekanbaru for those who love to play golf and get off from city. Its better if you have vehicle because its very far from city (Takes 45 minute to Ciputra Mall). Judging from the outside i expect at least 100 usd/nite hotel, actually its started from 50 usd/nite and you will get 2 voucher discount 50% on Labersa Waterpark.

The room and bathroom design i think its the best in pekanbaru, and this is the only hotel in pekanbaru that has bathtub (Regular room), you could relax on bathtub looking at scenery from large windows.

The carpet is dirty and smelly, the smell of cigarette on carpet and bed makes me feel dizzy (I dont like cigarette smoke).

I were on 4th floor, i dont understand how flies get in my room. I took 3 rooms for my family and all those rooms have flies on it.

I think for the breakfast, Premiere Hotel and Jatra Hotel are better than Labersa. The restaurant is small, hard to find seat on breakfast time, employees are not responsive to clean the table, they look confused seeing alot off people, I need to ask them to clean the table. I ask boiled egg, and get it 45 minutes later.

I was dissapointed. I'm sure if the service is good and the room is clean, everybody willing to pay more to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Batikindo
RodryguesSouisa, General Manager at Labersa Grand Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Batikindo,

Warmest Greeting from Labersa Grand Hotel and Convention Center!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

On behalf of the management, please accept our apologize regarding your unpleasant stay at our hotel.
We have discussed and investigated with our team about your inconvenience cause.
We greatly appreciate your comments about some aspects of our hotel facilities that need updating.
It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing some upgrades of our hotel facilities and our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained service and the most friendly atmosphere.

Thank you once again and please accept our sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
We are looking forward to welcome you again to stay at our hotel. We wish you have an excellent day ahead.

Rodrygues Souisa

Reviewed 1 April 2013

To cut it short, if you plan for a relaxing stay in Pekanbaru, this is the hotel.

It's a resort-style hotel with a nice pool. Surrounding area includes club house with big swimming pool, water park, and the best golf course in the area.

Room is big with good amenities. Breakfast is the best I've tried in Pekanbaru. Services is great as well. The location main downside of the hotel, a little far from the city, so you need to have your own car.

In all, highly recommended hotel for business and pleasure in Pekanbaru.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank traveljunkie13
IwanGunawan, General Manager at Labersa Grand Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Dear Junkie,

Warmest Greeting from Labersa Grand Hotel and Convention Center Pekanbaru!

Thank you very much for support and your review about your experience at Labersa Hotel, your feedback is very much appreciated.

It is always nice to discover that our guests has experience a wonderful journey with us.

Your note is really motivating and we do appreciate your support and moment to share in describing our dedication.

On behalf of Labersa Hotel teams. We all look forward to having you and your loved one back with us soon.

With best regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Room, cleanness are good, they have a good ambience for a perfect getaway. Their staff are friendly, they smile and greetings to everyone.

BUT..the location is worse. And room services (and staff named SURYATI) are the WORST. Based on the poor location, i think it comes to be a fatal mistake. And its enough reasons for us to Not Stay Again in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012
12  Thank fithev

Dear Fithev,

Rodrygues Souisa

Reviewed 20 November 2012

It only look good in the pictures. The shower doesn't work, the carpets are filthy, they are short on the towels in the bathrooms, and the ones you get are of a greyish color. You have to wait 40-50 minutes in the restaurant just to get a simple pizza or a small greasy hamburger even if you are the only customer there.. And in addition to all that we found a PIECE OF GLASS IN OUR DESSERT . The pool looks good in the pictures but the tile around and inside is broken and moves when you step on it. But when you are in Pekanbaru there is not a lot of choices.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
14  Thank elenajeff W

Dear Elen,
Warmest Greeting from Labersa Grand Hotel and Convention Center!

On behalf of the management, please accept our apologize regarding your unpleasant stay recently at our hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I had high expectation when I checked in at this hotel. After all this is a five star hotel which has its own golf course, impressive architecture and interior - in short very different from most hotels in Pekanbaru I had previously stayed with. But everything went downhill for me from the moment I was checking in. I am not sure how to describe my experience with this hotel but the phrase "anything that could go wrong did go wrong" just about describes it. Nothing I experienced lived up to the five star rating this hotel claimed to have:

1) They did not take American Express.
2) I was originally given a room by the pool which was full of cigarette burns on the carpet and I was even given the striped pool towels as bath towels.
3) I was moved to a different room on a higher floor and found out that the minibar refrigerator was locked. When I asked they explained that was the normal procedure for group booking - I was on an individual booking.
4) When they did stock the minibar, I found it very poorly stocked even in comparison to a three star hotel.
5) Breakfast had very-very limited options on western entries. I couldn't even put the bread in the toaster until they provided me with thinner slices of bread. To add to this, there was no quality jam provided. I was given something full of sugar and food coloring straight from the kitchen as strawberry jam.
6) When I came back to my room after lunch on my second day out of my three day stay, the key card did not work. I complained through the housekeeping staff (whom most of them were always on their personal cell phones as I noticed) and he provided a simple but insulting answer: "It's past the check out time." It took them some time to straightened things up and get me a new card.
7) I believe this hotel was understaffed and service was generally slow.

The stay was really a disappointment for me. I had better service at establishments having four or even three star ratings in Pekanbaru.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple