“Comfortable and classy!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Tanjung Pinang
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Comfortable and classy!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I went to Tanjung Pinang for company business and stayed at this hotel for one night.

The people were friendly and helpful. During my stay, there was not peak season, so the hotel was relatively empty. The ambience was good. It was quite.

My room was clean and smelled good. The AC was good and the bathroom was super clean. The TV worked well and so did the coffee maker. I spoiled my self with hot water shower and a cup of delicious tea.

I absolutely will stay at this hotel again if I ever come to Tanjung Pinang.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We were lured by the fabulous photos of the hotel rooms and great room rates on the tripadvisor website - so decided to explore Tanjong Pinang and try the hotel out. We booked & paid for the Premier room but at check-in were shown to what I suspected was their deluxe/standard room. We asked the front desk/reception staff several times if this is a premier room, showed them the copy of our confirmation online booking by HotelClub - and were told again yes, this is a premier room. When we returned to Singapore we double-checked the room photos on the website - for sure we were given a deluxe/standard room. The room itself smelt of stale cigarettes although there is a non-smoking sign, it is obviously not observed.
These rooms are located on 1st floor - main lobby & restaurant are on the 2nd floor. I am sure their premier rooms are probably on the 3rd floor. We were not able to sleep at all since these rooms are right below the restaurant and you can hear the sounds of the restaurant though the ceiling all night long.
We did try the restaurant & ate dinner there - surprisingly the food was quite good & price was reasonable. However the complimentary breakfast buffet offered quantity & variety, but not quality & not great standard. Definitely decided not to extend our stay and return home as soon as possible.
Tanjong Pinang is NOT interesting to visit, and the hotel is located 30mins by car from the ferry harbour through an under-developed uninteresting town area. The hotel itself has a complimentary car shuttle to & from the harbour, but this information is not forthcoming and it was only after many many questions on how to get back to the harbour and where to buy the tickets was it finally revealed that they have this service. If you do not speak Indonesian you will not find it easy to get around here.
After we contacted HotelCub about our downgraded room, they contacted the Aston hotel but could not get any co-operation from the hotel. Probably this is a regular scam by the hotel to get a little extra revenue dollar by not honouring the grade of room booked & paid for!
Definitely will never go back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Barbara E

Travellers are raving about these Tanjung Pinang hotels

markham, ontario
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Complete waste of my vacation. Stepped into a disaster zone. Hotel is far from the city therefore the only transportation is hotel taxi which charges you min 3 hrs roughly 30 sg. The hotel is outdated and last lighting. Kinda spooky. The first night in the hotel I didn't sleep at all. The noise from the road kept me up all night. I request to change the room and they didn't until 7 hrs later. They claim it was fully booked. Liars!!!! I checked online and there were rooms available. I kept calling to change rooms and they kept hanging up on me. Such good service right? No one wanted to attend to resolve my situation. Lack of service, lack of politeness, lack of respect. Finally they changed my room... To the basement. Yep. I paid money to stay in a complete crap hole. I will not recommend to anyone, and I will definitely let all my friends know about my experience. A vacation turned into a waste of time and money.

• Stayed April 2014
6 Thank Hyperkid
Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

While our room was clean and modern, I will always judge a hotel poorly if it's Internet reception is poor. This hotel offers "free WiFi Internet" but, in reality, it was almost impossible to get from one Web site to another. This may have been due to the fact the hotel was fully booked, but that is no excuse in today's world for a property that calls itself 4 star. Also, the food at the restaurant was poor. An expensive barbeque by the pool featured beef that could not be eaten, one rice offering and one poor pasta dish. The buffet breakfast, while expansive, was also poor, with beef bacon that was not edible and orange juice that was orange drink. In addition, the room rate was relatively expensive for the location and was 40% higher than what was offered online, probably due to the fact it was a holiday weekend and the time to get more from customers for the same accommodations. Add to this the hotel's poor location 45 minutes from anything by taxi and you have a bad experience. Staff was courteous.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aimlink
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband Gopie is on a long business trip in Tanjung Pinang which will last for another 8 months. My husband and I are enjoying our stay here. The staffs go all out to fulfill any assistance that we require. We are always greeted with big smiles by them. The front officers i.e Zuki, Ozy, Nur, Idol & team, the F & B staffs i.e Dumai, Wira, Zulkfli & team, the Fitness centre supervisor Andy & team and the housekeeping staffs i.e Harry. Even the management staffs are very approachable and friendly i.e Ery, Putri, Mr Tata & team.There are many others which I don't know their names. Everyone is very committed & attend to our needs immediately.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SanthiniThiyagarajan
Singapore
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I certainly enjoyed my stays there. How the hotel provides it's services. Got a pick up from the ferry terminal by their driver without any extra charges. We were welcomed by a group of pleasant stuffs. They were really friendly. And provided, there's a staff named Evin. Be sure to check him out, his services were the best. From being a driver, he even became a personal tour guide. Thumbs up! To those who are a first timer in Tanjung Pinang, be sure to check out Aston! Kudos

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with 3 other friends of mine for a short getaway. Honestly we had a wonderful and terrific time there. The hotel itself is nice. The staff are very friendly. Always offer a helping hand even before we ask for it.

We were fetched by the hotel driver, Evin. A very nice person and a very humorous guy. Very polite and humble. This is not the first time I'm in Tanjung Pinang but he brought me to places that I've never been and tour us around. Thank you so much Evin for everything.

Upon checking in, the receptionists greeted us politely. They are all english speaking. So we had no trouble communicating.

Gosh, if I were to write everything here, I don't think it would be enough. You guys should really check it out yourself. I really had fun and I'm sure my other friends had fun too. Thank you so much Aston Hotel. Thank you for the services. Hope to be there again.

-Amalina/Nana

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Nur A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung Pinang
CK Tanjungpinang Hotel & Convention Centre
CK Tanjungpinang Hotel & Convent...
#1 of 17 in Tanjung Pinang
#7 of 36 in Bintan Island
Angsana Bintan
Angsana Bintan
#5 of 36 in Bintan Island

Been to Aston Tanjung Pinang Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!