“Beautiful grottos and the Israel/Lebanon border”

The Grottos at Rosh HaNiqra
US$103.00*
and up
Caeserea, Rosh Hanikra and Acre Day Trip from Tel Aviv
Reviewed 23 May 2014

It seems so far away, but Rosh HaNikrah is only about 45 minutes north of Haifa, about 75 minutes from Tiberius and about 2 hours from Jerusalem.

The pure Mediterranean waters flow into the caves and grottos and are well worth a visit. You are also right on the Israel/Lebanon border, and the border crossing is about 50 meters left of where you exit the cable car!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This site was not originally on my list to go to, but I'm so glad we did. It's really something spectacular to see. The caves, the caves and the water, and something unique about being that close to the Lebanon boarder as well! Definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a stop on a one-day bus tour. After navigating through a winding waiting line area, the guide paid the admission fees, and my small group boarded the cable car for the short, almost vertical, drop to the road at sea level. There we saw the opening to the old British railway tunnel.Then we entered the horizontal shaft, walking on a half-lit, slippery path, until we reached the grottoes. It was a stormy day and the seas were violent, with waves crashing against the plastic barrier that protects visitors. I left early because the view was limited and I don't much care for being in damp holes in the ground, although the rest of the tour group stayed for some time. Outside I watched the waves crash over the seawall onto the roadway and a couple of armed Israeli soldiers who guard this area, After everyone assembled again, we walked to the north end and looked at the barbed wire fencing that separates Israel from Lebanon. I appreciate the historical and political importance of the area, but I would not have made a special trip to be there again.

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you are in the north of Israel this is certainly a stunning place to visit. The caves are beautiful - actually breath taking. The cable car ride is quite short so if you are afraid of them dont worry it doesnt last long. I thought the caves were so beautiful I could have walked around again.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing force of nature! The sea has done a magnificent job on the rock! Recommended for kids and adults alike! Amazing sea view! Dont miss the grotos.