“The room upkeep is getting poor”
Review of Isrotel Ramon Inn

Isrotel Ramon Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mitspe Ramon
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and stayed there last nigh.
The reception was slow, the clerk was obviously a new member of staff or a trainee, and it took double time than usual to check in and to pay for the room.
When I got the room the TV did not work and the tech fixed it, later about 9 pm I noticed that the air condition does not cool the room, and the technician came and said that there is nothing he can to at this point and that I should sleep with the windows open.that was good advice but, it was over the kitchen ( that I was located over)and at 6 am the noise woke me up. Btw when I opened the window, I saw the glass, that I do not do usually when A/c works, I saw that the windows were not cleaned since the last rain( this was over a month ago)
When I came to the front desk and wanted to talk to A manger( shift , general) I was told that they show up later ( at 9 am)and that they are not in.
The great thing about the place is still the food and the nice kind hospitality of the breakfast waitress

Room Tip: Not over the kitchen.. If you get a room that starts with 1-- check and see that it looks to the eas...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 June 2014

our second visit. some units have been remodeled this year and are in excellent condition. service was superb. breakfast buffet and pool were the cherry on top. kitchen unit is fully equipped for cooking yet prohibitively small - plan your cooking accordingly. deals are often available directly through the isrotel website at far better prices than other websites.

Room Tip: no lift - request a lower floor if needed and definately go for the remodeled units!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank shelipp
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Ramon Inn is situated in the heart of the Negev highlands on the edge of the Machtesh Ramon, the largest of a unique set of geological "crater-like" depressions, exposing rocks as old as 240 million years old. The hotel is friendly and warm and has great facilities for an Inn. There is a covered pool and a small workout room, a cozy lounge area with a log fire for winter (there can be snow here!). The food is spectacular and varied and there is ample parking outside the front door. A 5 minute walk takes you to a supermarket, coffee shop and bar. Mountain bikes can be rented also. The building used to be an apartment block and there are no elevators. The only point to consider is if your room is on the top floor, there are 4 flights of stairs to climb.However, the views from the top floor are wonderful. the comments posted here about the air quality in the rooms are for the pampered traveler...simply open the windows at night and even in mid summer, the breeze is a delight. I look forward to returning to this relaxing and home-from-home down to earth hotel.

Room Tip: if you don't like stairs, so ask for a room on the lower floors. if you like a spectacular view...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dani M
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am an extensive business frequent traveler. My wife made a reservation at Pundak Ramon. and last week we stayed there with the whole family for HAG SHAVUOT. Following the bad remarks from Tripadvisor, I was not looking forward to it... But I can say that I was very much suprised (for the good...).

We were 7 people (two couples with 3 kids). We took two suites on the second floor and had a great time.

Pros-
1. Excellent (!!) for family/all together stay.
2. Good location.
3. Food was very good
4. Friendly and willing to help you staff
5. Rooms large (Suite).
6. Tons of activities for all ages in the area

Cons-
1. I wouldnt stay here on a business trip.
2. Rooms are very basic.
3. No elevators

Room Tip: Lower floors are better
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Drew M
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Although the name of this hotel is ramon inn , we can't understand how isrotel chain allows this hotel to have suites without air condition in the sleeping rooms .mitzpe ramon is one the hottest place in israel and it's a real hutzpah to receive guests in such conditions of no air condition in sleeping rooms .don't go to this hotel .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel lobby, bar and restaurant are pleasant.
Rooms are tidy but tiny. No elevator and narrow stairs, with have bag it is a problem. It is old block of flats converted to a hotel.
Pleasant staff and great food.
They have bicycles to rent, swimming pool and sauna, so lot of things to do on Negev Desert.
Only drawback is internet, You have to pay for it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Pundak Ramon last week with part of my extended family visiting from New Zealand. I am a professional tour guide and have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. I chose to take my family here because I have always enjoyed the town and the hotel.
I will start with the best part. My sister did not feel well one evening and we were given excellent advice regarding medical attention. (Bikur Rofeh,attending physician Dr Khaled). The duty manager, Avi, offered to take us and bring us back and we indeed took advantage of his kindness. A big thank you, Avi for your courtesy and thoughtfulness.
The rooms are simple but clean and spacious, the a/c doesn't work well however, the windows and blinds were left open and we returned to a room filled with flies. The room was cleaned but no more and I did not leave a tip which I am always happy to do when I feel I get good service.
The service in the dining room was poor, bordering on rude and my feeling was that no one had taken the trouble to train the staff. The breakfast was fine if you had never been there but arranged without attention eg humus and ful (Egyptian beans) which go with the humus but no humus, dried tea varieties but no tea pots. When I asked for milk for the empty milk jug I was told to get it myself.

The dinner was better and on the second night Michael was the host and greeted us with charm.

I ordered a wake up call which I did not receive. It also seems to be policy NOT to give a welcome drink which is generally appreciated.

I sat with Tanya and shared with her my comments and disappointment and she paid attention in a very appropriate manner. I would have expected and appreciated a phone call from the manageress afterwards, so far I have not heard I will be back there in a day or two and hope to be able to post a better report afterwards.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family