“The coffee is good. Everything else, well....”
Review of Tovahleh - CLOSED

Tovahleh
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Tovahleh ha s had its ups and downs. When I first became acquainted with the place, a few years ago, the food was good. When I was there about a year or two ago, it was awful: everything tasted of imitation meat-flavored soup powder. When I last ate there a few months ago, it had improved somewhat, but still wasn't near the level of Café Ha-Ir.

The service varies from good-enough to awful: occasionally, you can wait for a long time even to get the cup of coffee you ordered, which will be served to you with a look which would shame a scorpion.

Last time I was there, for coffee only, the place was full of flies and the air conditioning was feeble - the restaurant is in the middle of a shopping mall.

All of the kinds of coffee I've tried there have been very good. Once I had one of their recommended (expensive) wines with a meal, and it was also very good, which is not frequently true of the local strictly-kosher wines.