“A beautiful guide”

Ranked #73 of 117 Speciality Lodging in Wadi Rum
Inverness, United Kingdom
“A beautiful guide”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is a wonderful life experience that everyone should do! The galaxy camp team members are so nice and easy to make friends with. The beauty of the desert is unique and breathtaking. If you like, you can climb a rock to watch the sunset and/or sunrise. It was so fun to sit around a fire at night and drink yummy sweat tea. The view of the stars is amazing-no city lights and no city noise. The dinner and breakfast were so tasty. Don’t pass up this opportunity for an incredible experience! Coming back to the village in the morning by camel ride was a great way to finish off. Mosa and Salem were just terrific and could not have asked for more!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Business
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I visited wadi rum for the first time after a friend recommended it to me and since i left i have been the one recommending it to everybody i meet! mosa, the tour guide greeted me and my friend at the visitor centre with a warm smile and genuine welcome and brought us to wadi rum village to his house for breakfast before setting off into the majestic desert. being a native Bedouin, he explained the history of the area, the culture of the Bedouins and what the recent sutge in tourism has meant for the local people. After an amazing 2 hour jeep tour, we did a camel tour which we loved! then he made a traditional Bedouin lunch for us as we sat around the campfire drinking copious amounts of tea and coffee!! After this we hiked up the 'Seven Pillars of Wisdom' mountain where we could see the most dramatic landscape i have ever witnessed. It was like being on Mars or something!! We finally went back to camp exhausted but excited for the next day. We lay out under the stars talking and you guessed it- drinking more tea! I would recommend this camp to anybody, not least because of Mosa, our fantastic friendly guide!! Money well spent!

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I loved every second of this tour, we went camel riding, on a jeep tour, camping under the stars and rock climbing. The village restaurant has very good food and more importantly - cold beer. Mosa, the guide was great and turned a good trip into the best trip! very knowledgeable guy who told us very interesting things about the desert and it's people that was not written in lonely planet! galaxy camp is a well run company which prioritizes it's guests. highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Catania, Italy
Reviewed 6 April 2014

i have been to the jungles of central america, the bustling cities of untied states, the markets in thailand, the beaches of italy but nothing compares to the desert of wadi rum! from the first minute until the very end i was inspired, encapsulated and lost in this place that i cannot imagine has changed in the last few thousand years! As always in any country i go to it is the people who make it memorable and this was certainly the case here. the Bedeoiun clan are so humble, gracious and are just the most beautiful people. they are so content with their simplistic way of life. no stress, no 12 hours a day in an office struggling to reach targets. only pick up their tent and all their belongings and move to another area in the desert where there is some grass for their animals. then they drink tea and more tea and more tea. everything here revolves around family. they are one huge family. it is truly inspiring. i didn't want to leave after just 3 days but i have no doubt i will be back here again. i must say a special thank you to my new friends who were my guides, Mosa and Salem. they made the trip so special!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 April 2014

There is no light pollution here so it is difficult to find a better place to go star gazing than in the wadi rum desert! it looks as if you can see trillions of them it is truly jaw dropping! The scenery... how do i explain it! Lawrence of Arabia and transformers were both filmed here and even by watching those movies you still cannot understand it's magic and beauty until you actually set foot in it. I spent two weeks here and every time I went into the desert I was shaking my head in disbelief and in awe, even laughing to myself at times in wonder. Now to the Bedouin tribe.. the warmest, most genuine, most sincere people you will encounter. they live such a simple life, no materialistic values. Just family and friends always together. My guide's name was Mosa and he himself is a Bedouin. He was the main reason my journey was so incredible. He knows everything there is to know about Wadirum, the desert, the people, just everything. He was so kind to me and catered to me every need. I cannot thank him enough and I hope everybody that wants to come here will take my advice and take him as their guide!

• Stayed April 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Our guide, Mosa really did everything he possibly could to make this a once in a lifetime tour for us! he took me and my friends into the desert to the best mountains to go scrambling and to get the best views of this sublime landscape! he also brought us to his family's camp where they prepared 'mensaf' , a traditional Bedouin dish that was absolutely delicious!! We had a tent booked but we ended up sleeping outside it because we will never again have an opportunity to see the stars like we did that night. I would recommend this tour, and this tour guide to my closest friends and family because i know they would come back with a smile from ear to ear!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This trip to the magical wadi rum desert has been the best of our lives! My wife and I went here for our 1 year anniversary and I think we could be coming back here for many more This place has everything - beautiful weather, friendly natives, delicious food, great activities and the best place i have ever seen the stars! Wadi rum galaxy camp were very professional but also great fun and we had lots of banter with them! If anybody is thinking of going here, book with this group and ask for Mosa as your tour guide!! We had emailed him before we arrived and he always replied with a few hours and when we finally did arrive he had every single one of our requests managed for us. When we come back here again we know exactly who we will be booking with. Thank you for making our trip so memorable Mosa!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple