I had two nights here back in September. We arrived late and very lost driving independently from Nairobi. The staff were helpful over the phone and sent out a car to look for us and escort us back. When we arrived they had held supper for us, as it was gone 10pm. They had done this without asking. The food is good and we ate a lot this weekend! It isn't absolutely amazing but it's far far better than the standard food in Kenyan hotels. The hotel is completely unique and worth a visit even if you don't stay. We were given the Queen Elizabeth suite which was the closest room to the restaurant. The view of the front watering hole was amazing and we hardly moved all weekend as we could see elephants and other critters the armchair! The room was very spacious with a huge bed. The bathroom was fine, although we did have a problem in that we couldn't get cold water, so the shower was scolding, but they soon fixed it. The service was v good. I was cold in the day as i hadn't bought any socks and so they came with hot water bottles. We had a game drive for a couple of hours with a guide and that is really worth doing. A few years back Treetops was a little run down and behind the times, but in 2011 they emptied the whole building so everything is much improved. I'd thoroughly recommend it here. Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Aberdare National Park, this world-renowned rustic Treehouse is over 80 years old and was recently fully refurbished. This game viewing lodge was originally built in 1932 and is famous as the place where the then-Princess Elizabeth ascended to the British Throne. The father King George VI died on 5th Feb 1952 the night she spent at Treetops while on honeymoon.Treetops lies in the path of an ancient Elephant migratory route between the Aberdare Ranges and Mt Kenya National park, and is strategically sited right in front of a natural watering hole and salt lick.With large windows fitted in all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge guests can drink in the sight of Elephants, Buffalos, Rhinos and more from all areas including the view deck on top floor of the building. Die-hard animal lovers needn't worry about missed sightings, even into the early hours of the morning. An optional buzzer in the rooms alerts the guests when a spectacle is unfolding at the waterhole. Game drives and a lecture about Treetops are also available to the guests.This lodge-on-stilts is accessed through a gradual ramp to the top floor and a Tree grows right through the building. There are 36 en-suite guest rooms that include 3 spacious suites and 33 twin rooms that can be converted into double rooms. A disabled friendly room is located on the first floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Treetops Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treetops Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Treetops Lodge Kenya/Aberdare National Park