I had always heard about this place... where your room overlooks a water hole and new animal keep appearing all night long. The beds could be better, but the food is good. The huge hogs were a highlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Aberdare National Park, this world-renowned rustic Treehouse is over 80 years old and was recently fully refurbished. This game viewing lodge was originally built in 1932 and is famous as the place where the then-Princess Elizabeth ascended to the British Throne. The father King George VI died on 5th Feb 1952 the night she spent at Treetops while on honeymoon.Treetops lies in the path of an ancient Elephant migratory route between the Aberdare Ranges and Mt Kenya National park, and is strategically sited right in front of a natural watering hole and salt lick.With large windows fitted in all guest rooms, restaurant and lounge guests can drink in the sight of Elephants, Buffalos, Rhinos and more from all areas including the view deck on top floor of the building. Die-hard animal lovers needn't worry about missed sightings, even into the early hours of the morning. An optional buzzer in the rooms alerts the guests when a spectacle is unfolding at the waterhole. Game drives and a lecture about Treetops are also available to the guests.This lodge-on-stilts is accessed through a gradual ramp to the top floor and a Tree grows right through the building. There are 36 en-suite guest rooms that include 3 spacious suites and 33 twin rooms that can be converted into double rooms. A disabled friendly room is located on the first floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Treetops Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treetops Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Treetops Lodge Kenya/Aberdare National Park