This hotel, embedded in the history of the scouting movement prepared us for the days ahead. The gardens were immaculate , and the food was very good, a little British maybe. Our afternoon entertainment was a visit by a group of Masai warriors, who marched through the grounds. Although Baden Powells residence was viewable, it was only from the outside. We did make a call to the graveside of the boys hero, and the grave,s view of Mt Kenya. We were advised not to venture outside the grounds, but this was common with all the Kenyan hotels. Beggars were waiting to pounce, and by the look of the local housing, the need for begging was all too obvious.
Bar prices in the hotel were reasonable, and as with other Kenyan hotels the service was first class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllically located in the Kenyan highlands 2 hours drive from Nairobi the capital city, Outspan provides a holistic business, leisure and adventure experience. A comfortable hotel set in well tended tropical gardens with rolling manicured lawns and breath taking views of Mt Kenya. Lord Baden Powell the founder of the Scouting movement spent the last three years of his life here in a cottage called Paxtu which is still preserved to date. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Outspan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outspan Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Outspan Hotel Kenya/Aberdare National Park