The room was stunning and the bathroom wonderful. The food was fantastic as was the service. Everyone goes out of their way to make your stay as great as possible. We walked around the grounds, did some great birding (Hartlaub's touraco, red cheeked cordon bleu's, red-billed firefinches and peacocks) and spotted warthogs, zebra, waterbuck, eland, bushback and dikdik. We did the horseride, although I found it incredibly uncomfortable, we did manage to get really close to buck, zebra and giraffe. I would recommend booking directly with the hotel and not central reservations. They took forever to get back to us and told us they only had an availability for one night and no availability at The Ark, however when we got there we found out it was not the case and could have easily extended our trip. Definitely include this place on your trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aberdare Country Club, only a three-hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was selected by an English couple who had decided to settle in the land of their choosing - Kenya. It all happened many years ago; their children grew up there, but then moved on to different places. After almost half a century, their home, "The Steep", was sold and re-named "The Aberdare Country Club". Even though the property was developed beyond the imaginings of the original owners, they would be pleased with how carefully it has been nurtured and the grandeur it has maintained. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, "Haven Under the Hill" which says: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace". The Club's 1,300 acre wildlife sanctuary is teeming with eland, impalas, zebras, giraffes and the more reclusive leopards. It is a haven of unhurried charm set in a garden bursting with a profusion of colour, and with peacocks living within the lush green lawns. Walking through this unspoiled terrain is paradise. Play a round of golf, watched by a family of warthog, or fish for trout, play tennis or just relax by the pool within the beautiful gardens. From here you can see the sunset with the stunning Aberdare Mountains as a backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Jovago.com, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aberdare Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aberdare Country Club Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Aberdare Country Club Kenya/Aberdare National Park