We did not stay here but did spend 4 hours here enroute to the ark. All i can say is that the property is breathtaking. The manicured lawns, golf course, the wild life that runs freely around, the enitre british raj feelings its just simply amazing. The staff was very helpful and always smiling, we traveled with a group of kids and they allowed us to use their swimming pool and served us tea/ coffee with scones. The view of the area was simply superb. We regret not staying one night here.....as someone mentioned before no trip to kenya can be complete if you do not visit this property. The approach is bit rough but its worth every bump!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aberdare Country Club, only a three-hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was selected by an English couple who had decided to settle in the land of their choosing - Kenya. It all happened many years ago; their children grew up there, but then moved on to different places. After almost half a century, their home, "The Steep", was sold and re-named "The Aberdare Country Club". Even though the property was developed beyond the imaginings of the original owners, they would be pleased with how carefully it has been nurtured and the grandeur it has maintained. This is highlighted in Monty Brown's book, "Haven Under the Hill" which says: "Today, despite the fast-changing tempo of the outside world, the old home still retains that comfortable, solid feeling based on traditions from a time when life proceeded at a far more leisurely and gentle pace". The Club's 1,300 acre wildlife sanctuary is teeming with eland, impalas, zebras, giraffes and the more reclusive leopards. It is a haven of unhurried charm set in a garden bursting with a profusion of colour, and with peacocks living within the lush green lawns. Walking through this unspoiled terrain is paradise. Play a round of golf, watched by a family of warthog, or fish for trout, play tennis or just relax by the pool within the beautiful gardens. From here you can see the sunset with the stunning Aberdare Mountains as a backdrop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Jovago.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aberdare Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aberdare Country Club Hotel Aberdare National Park
- Aberdare Country Club Kenya/Aberdare National Park