I stayed here (1 night only) with friends during our safari trip at the end of April and we absolutely loved it.
The rooms are great (large beds, mosquito nets, nice decor, huge bath), the pool is beautiful and the hotel area generally really well kept but the favourite was the huge dining hall with an open wall overlooking the waterhole. I'm sure you've heard lots about it by now but there is really something mesmerising about watching the animals all together. The evening we saw a whole bunch of zebras, dikdiks, antelopes and other hooved animals, and in the morning a MASSIVE herd of buffalo. We were also quite lucky that the clouds parted in the morning and we could see the snowy peak of Kilimanjaro!
The food was another high point. I have eaten some amazing food the week I was in Kenya, but this hotel had hands down the best food.
If I had to pick a negative, I think the walls between the rooms were a little thinner than one would prefer staying in a room next to a couple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Tsavo West National Park in Kenya, the lodge commands a magnificent view second to none which extends to the rugged scenic Chyulu Hills in this 7065 square km park. The snowy dome of Mt. Kilimanjaro creates a perfect back drop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilaguni Serena Safari Hotel Tsavo National Park West
- Hotel Kilaguni Serena Safari
- Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park West