We stayed at this hotel as part of our safari and we were not disappointed with the round room which had windows that looked out into the water hole and onto the lush green plains where we could see animals such as water bucks and antelopes in the distance and lots of water birds drinking from the water hole.
The round room did not feel cramped and had all the complimentary water, tea/coffee that even some 5 star hotels don't offer for free. This hotel thought of everything including umbrellas in the room in case of rain but we didn't have to use it while we were there. Bed was big and had mosquito netting while bed linen were very clean. The shower wasn't cramped and had hot water. The toilet was American style were all the water is stored in the bowl and not the tank. All the necessary toiletries that one would expect from a five star hotel were present. They also provided turn down service where the mosquito net was arranged over the bed, curtains drawn and electronic mosquito repellent turned on.
Dinner and breakfast was delicious with a great variety of fresh fruit, hot and cold dishes. The restaurant had a great view of the water hole so it was nice to watch the animals and birds from here particularly during breakfast. The staff were very attentive and our night safari was good. We got to see so many nocturnal animals that can't be seen during the day. Ask for a room that has a view of the waterhole as you can look at the animals in the comfort of your room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the private Taita Hills Sanctuary, bordering Tsavo West National Park in south-eastern Kenya, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a truly unique concept consisting of 96 rooms elevated on stilts, each overlooking a waterhole and linked by suspended walkways. At night, the waterholes are floodlit ensuring that you enjoy an uninterrupted view of the numerous animals arriving to quench their thirst. The elevated restaurant, and the bar a level higher, also offer stunning views of the sanctuary and are the ideal vantage points to view game. The lodge has its own fleet of well-equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. The climate is very moderate with temperatures averaging between 18 and 30 degrees Celsius all year round. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November and December. Due to the unique layout of the lodge, it is not suitable for children below 8 years. Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is 400 km from Nairobi and 200 km from Mombasa. The lodge is a one-hour flight from Nairobi or 30 minutes from Mombasa by private charter which lands at the Lodge's own airstrip. The Sanctuary is a 3-hour drive from Mombasa and a 6-hour drive from Nairobi on tarmac roads. So, if you intend to make the most out of your African safari holidays, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is the right place to be. No matter if you plan to head-over to Nairobi or Mombasa, the Lodge turns out to be a perfect check-in option. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Hotel Tsavo National Park West
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge Kenya/Tsavo National Park West