Bauhaus
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Miziara(Zgharta)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot watergreat placethe ownerbed roomfree wifiopen areasolar powercomfortable bedsgreat hospitalityperfect locationtonyrathauskitchenchaletdownstairsregionlebanon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Me and my wife, we go up to bcharry from Tripoli and we decided not to sleep there, just to do a quick visit, and we met there a girl name Nathalie from the town , we ask her some questions about the region , she was very helpful and friendly and she gave us a business card of a hotel name Bauhaus and in the same time there was a map on this card it was very helpful and this is a nice idea from the ownwer of this place.And because we found that’s Nathalie was right and that bcharry need more than some hours so we decided to go to Bauhaus to discovere it . We foud the owner tony , he is very nice person and welcomed.we took a super deluxe chalet 70$ for 2 perhson , it was amazing , with hot water , free internet 24 houres,comfy beds and so clean with a wonderful view .And the owner told us about his renovation of the hotel, there was a little work on the steps but it was not annoying and I am very sure it will be very nice at future . we stayed there 3 special days . we visited quannoubin valley, the cadares, gebran museum, really in one word I describe : the heaven on the earth . I recommended so much to visit this region and of course to stay in Bauhaus because of course you will like it

Room Tip: " rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank akioh
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Three weeks trip to lebanon with my husband coming from japan was the best time in my life . Before we came, we searched for hotels in lebanon and we found many in tripadvisor site and we are so happy and thanksfull because our choice was absolutely right , especially with Bauhaus!! We had a great time there with a very clean and comfortable room. It's so cheap!! You can take a 3 beds room in just 30 $ per night with 2 shared bathroom including hot water all the time, a good kitchen so you can cook your own food, we had a wifi for free and a satelitte tv. Very quite and good location , parking no problem . Generous and kind, the owner Tony looks really nice and very helpful. He and the girl that helps him in the hairdresser salon, they are always ready to answer any question and they gave us a free guide book about bcharry region .We visit gebran musuem, the cedars and we spent a special relaxing day in the valley of quadisha .Really i like it and i recomended to visit Lebanon and come to the safest region bcharry and for sure stay in Bauhaus!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I spent in Bcharre in Bauhaus several beautiful days with my fiance. We were staying in a spacious apartment (so called chalet), well equipped and furnished, the interior is simply beautiful, stone walls with modern furniture create a special atmosphere. There is a small equipped kitchen,TV, internet, hot water 24 hours in the chalet and a bedroom, everything absolutely clean, comfortable, full western standard! The owner Tony is a very friendly, hardworking man, who created a big comfort for small money in the heart of Lebanese nature. The locality is just amazing, there are so many places to be visited around. Tony can advise you for your trips, where to go for tasty dinner, you feel simply like at your own home. I am traveling a lot and honestly must say that Bauhaus is a great place for anybody- couples, families, even budget travelers because beside chalets provides a hostel type accommodation- rooms are clean, well equipped and comfortable as well.
I will never forget lovely days I spent in Bcharre and Bauhas and I wish to come back in future. Thank you for everything,Tony!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I travelled in a low season so I got a three-bed room all for my self at a reasonable price. The room was clean and quiet. So I had a very good sleep after exhaustion in the day. The facilities were basic, but all maintained well. Everything looked clean and reliable. Good thing was that free Wifi was available and connection speed was good. The most fabulous thing is the owner and manager, Mr Tony Lozom. You can feel that he's putting his heart into his business and making every guest feel at home. He's one of the most helpful and trustworthy hotelier I've ever met. I checked out and traveled to Tripoli the next day. When I was checking into my hotel, I could not find my passport and Iphone. They hotel manager called Tony. Tony returned her call in a short while. Good News. He found my passport and Iphone under my pillow and promised to deliver them to my hotel in Tripoli. The next morning when I was having my breakfast at around 8:30 A.M. , a lady (probably is Tony's sister) walked into and handever over my stuff. Don't forget it's one and a half hours by bus from Bcharre to Tripoli. I couldn't be more grateful to Tony. I just want to say A Million Thanks To You. Tony.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Found this property through booking.com. Bhcarre doesn't have a ton of options. I'd prefer to give this place a 3.5 *, but alas I can't. However, when looking at the five places I stayed over 10 days in Leb, this comes up as an average property.

Tony the proprietor seems like a good guy and was most pleasant. My friend and I asked for a room with two beds when reserving $70 but only were offered a single bedded room. He offered a two bedded room for $100 which considering the hotel was empty seemed excessive. We worked something out and ended up in one of the huge chalet rooms which had extra beds and would be great for a group of friends and would be a good deal. We spent little time in the room and had little use for the unused extra room. But it's a small property so choice is limited.

The electric went out several times and we did not have hot water for morning showers.

Thew view from the hotel was great however and their aren't many options in the area.

So tradeoffs, I guess.

Also, beds had head/footboards and it was a little tight for my 6'3" friend. Don't know if thats true in all rooms.

Room Tip: Noise is limited so I'd try for one in front with view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends