It’s a beautiful hotel and was the perfect place to spend our honeymoon. The accommodation was faultless and was the probably the best we’ve stayed in. It was spotlessly clean and our room was great, complete with huge walk-in shower, sunken bath and massive bed. It was set right on the beach so we fell asleep to the sound of the waves lapping the shore outside.
The staff were polite, friendly and helpful at all times. They made lots of effort to make our honeymoon memorable, including candlelit meal on the beach.
What I liked about the hotel is that it’s not isolated from ‘real life’ as so many top hotels are, you actually get to see some real life – local people fishing in the sea, children playing on the beach, people just going about their day to day lives.
The island itself is fantastic, and well worth a tour round, either by tuk-tuk taxi or bike.
There’s plenty of opportunity to just chill out, but there are activities to do if you feel like it. We really enjoyed using the hotel’s free bikes to cycle round the island, there’s only one road and little traffic and you get a real feel for island life – would really recommend it. The hotel’s pool is great too as it’s not chlorinated, so is really nice to swim in.
The beach is picture-perfect, stereotypical ‘tropical island’ beach, with crystal clear water and framed with palm trees. It’s lovely but you can’t swim directly from the beach due to rocks and sea urchins. There’s a pier from the beach and there’s a small swimming area in the sea you can access from it. The hotel has snorkels that you can borrow to see the fish on the coral reef off the beach. Snorkelling is good and we saw a live clam, sea snake and lots of fish. Just beware of the tide as it’s pretty strong and can pull you onto the coral if you’re not careful.
If you visit at the right time, you’ll see whales as you sit at the hotel or on the beach. It’s truly amazing to be able to see whales from the land and even better to go out on one of their whale-watching tours to see them up-close. Wear swim-wear on the boat as you will get wet!
The hotel’s chef is incredible and the food is great, the– all very fresh, with lots of fish, salad, tropical fruit and even pizzas cooked in the wood-fired oven. Is worth going for the food alone!
The spa is amazing and I’d definitely recommend booking in for a treatment or two. We had massages to the sound of the rain falling onto the palm roof and it was incredibly relaxing, the best massages we’ve had.
It’s a lovely, relaxing place to stay and I’d highly recommend it – perfect hotel on a beautiful, idyllic island. Thank you Princesse Bora for a wonderful honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lodge of charm, allying luxury and wild nature in a typically tropical environment, Princesse Bora Lodge and Spa is a warm and human sized hotel. It takes place on Sainte Marie Island, East of Madagascar, a heaven of peace, far from mass tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Princesse Bora Lodge & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princesse Bora Hotel Ile Sainte-Marie (Nosy Boraha)
- Princesse Bora Lodge And Spa
- Princesse Bora Lodge & Spa Madagascar/Nosy Boraha